MDI and Iphone

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
JC333
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box

MDI and Iphone

Post by JC333 »

I’ve updated the firmware on my mdi and brought a genuine although second hand lead with white collar.

Originally the sound quality was awful but a quick search showed the AUX level needed to be set lowest volume and this improved the sound quality. I can select folders, playlists etc.... all fine with the head unit.

The firmware I found is from 2011 for my car which is 2009. Is is the latest firmware available I think it was version 240? After this the link states the software will not work with my car but it appears the last update was from 2012 anyway.

Secondly the media keeps cutting out and then reconnecting as if the leads loose but it’s all plugged in fine, I know it could be the lead I have is faulty but before investing in a brand new one I thought I’d check to see if this is a common problem.

I have a IPod which I’ll try in case it’s my phone but I doubt it it’s always connected fine by the lightening socket before.
risingson
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue

Re: MDI and Iphone

Post by risingson »

You have the latest update but I don't know if they guarantee forward operability with later iPhones models post-2011. I don't have one myself. Also I don't see how the AUX volume which is the 3.5mm audio jack, would affect the digital sound quality going down a USB cable?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
JC333

Post by JC333 »

Reducing the Aux volume worked and the sound quality is acceptable now but I take your point on the Aux volume. The iPhone works fine but keeps cutting out as if not connected then reconnects I think the lead I brought is probably at fault but feel loathed to pay our for a brand new one unless in sure. I Wish Apple never changed the connection!! Ill try my ipod tomorrow see if that’s any different.
skippy
In: Candy White
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

My car is also a 2009 model and I can confirm I don't get any issues with my iPhone through the MDI. My iPhone is an iPhone6 but running the latest iOS12.

I have to run it with legitimate Apple cables though and as we know, being Apple branded they ain't cheap!
JC333

Post by JC333 »

The lead seems to be working fine now with the iPhone. No more cutting out etc....odd took the car for a half hour drive and it was fine. Fingers crossed it all sorted now.
JC333

Post by JC333 »

Well the lead stopped working completely. I bit the bullet and ordered a brand new one. Lets hope this works. Update to follow.
JC333

Post by JC333 »

Brand new lead purchased (crazy it was cheaper to get one from Germany than UK) genuine part and its all sorted working perfectly now. Obviously the second hand lead was faulty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk