Limited service history, where to start?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Rg_
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: None

Limited service history, where to start?

Post by Rg_ »

Got a 09 Scirocco GT 2.0TSI recently with limited history. Not enough history to go by so i want to get some maintenance bits done so i can go from there.

Don't know this engine at all, i'm used to the 1.8T engines.

What are some of the common faults on these MK3 Sciroccos. Every VW seems to have a few things which are common to the model.

What should i get done ASAP?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Limited service history, where to start?

Post by Cuprabob »

Most common issue on that engine at that age is with the cam chain tensioner. It's worth having it replaced, if it hasn't been already, with the latest version. A quick search on the forum will give you the details and the part number of the revised part.
Rg_
Options: None

Post by Rg_ »

Hi mate thanks for the advice on both posts.And i think that is my other problem as i scanned the car this evening and got these codes:

P0016 (stored) Crankshaft position Camshaft position correlation (Bank 1 Sensor A)
P000A (pending)
P0011(pending) A Camshaft position - Timing over advanced or system performance (Bank 1)
Mdeen
In: Deep Black

Post by Mdeen »

Cuprabob wrote:Most common issue on that engine at that age is with the cam chain tensioner. It's worth having it replaced, if it hasn't been already, with the latest version. A quick search on the forum will give you the details and the part number of the revised part.
This may help with the timing chain
https://www.eeuroparts.com/blog/9623/vw ... now-guide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk