Boot won’t close - Help please!

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
lrobins92
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Boot won’t close - Help please!

Post by lrobins92 »

Hi guys, I recently had my Scirocco serviced and they changed the drive belt too.

First time I’ve gone to open the boot since, and once opened it won’t shut. The latch works perfectly fine when the boot is open, and releases both using the button inside the door and remote key, but when I try and shut the boot it just bounces back and does not lock? As a result I have had to bungee the boot shut from inside the car but the alarm goes off after 3/4 minutes of locking the rest of the car.

This may be totally unrelated to the service/belt change but a couple of other strange things have happened since. There is a distinct ticking sound when you first put the key in ingnition and turn - much like when the battery is flat, and also have had the ESP and power steering warning lights on at one point but disappeared as soon as I drove the car?

I have disconnected the battery to see if that would reset something but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.