Scirocco pulling to left

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
BenGW91
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Scirocco pulling to left

Post by BenGW91 »

Hi everyone

New to the site and new to Scirocco's. Just bought a 2012 TDI (170bhp) DSG GT.

I bought the car privately and immediately got 2 new tyres on the rear. While there I got them to do a full 4 wheel alignment also.

Thing is, the car now pulls to the left when driving. Tried it on various roads with different cambers and the effect is still the same. Weird thing is that the pulling effect is jot always as strong. So I took it back for an alignment check again and they have retested it and, again, all is fine. They test drove it and also noticed the steering seems to be all over the shop.

The effect does seem to be lessened when driving in sport suspension mode (DCC). This would indicate to me that there may be an issue with the levelling of the suspension.

The car also often flashes the ESP light when cornering as speed (roundabouts etc).

Before buying the car I did check the MOT history and the last one failed due to "Nearside Rear Fluid suspension levelling valve insecure Arm Broken". This was rectified and passed the MOT the next day.

I've read that these sensors feed the DCC controller and the car adjusts accordingly.

So, my wondering is, could this valve/sensor cause the weird steering, if faulty?

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Re: Scirocco pulling to left

Post by xjay1337 »

Nothing to do the DCC

The alignment is probably bad, get it done properly.

Could also be a duff bush.

Basically get it checked properly.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography