side windows lower when car locked...

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
andy_m
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

side windows lower when car locked...

Post by andy_m »

Funny one this... Should have asked here when it first happened.

Not happened often though. Just a couple of times in the last eight years.

First time it happened I was at my son's house. A cold and rainy day. I locked the car, went into the house.

We thought we heard an alarm outside but ignored it. There is an alarm and I have set it off once accidentally and can't even remember what it sounds like. So, when you hear a car alarm going off you generally have an idea if it is yours. So, this is why we ignored it.

Went outside a couple of hours later and both the driver and passenger door windows were fully wound down. Wet seats... Freezing car, and all that stuff.

Didn't do it again for ages. Then a couple of months ago a work colleague asked "did you know your car windows are down?"

Both windows down again... Car doors still locked.

Anyone else experienced this behaviour?

cheers

andy
risingson
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Re: side windows lower when car locked...

Post by risingson »

Yes mine have done this a few times - I have no idea why though!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Andy b
In: Night Blue
Options: Black 18" interlagos wheels
Truffle leather
H&R lowering springs, 30mm drop
VW sill kick plates
Alive tuning stage 1 (248hp/322nm)
Helix organic clutch
R8 coil packs

Post by Andy b »

I don’t know if you know this, but if you push and hold the lock button on the remote keyfob then the windows drop

Mine used to do what yours did, the I found out that you can operate the windows from the keyfob

I guessed that the button was being pressed in my pocket by all the other crap in there, I put the car keys in another pocket and it hasn’t happen again

Could be the same with yours?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Andy b wrote:I don’t know if you know this, but if you push and hold the lock button on the remote keyfob then the windows drop

Mine used to do what yours did, the I found out that you can operate the windows from the keyfob

I guessed that the button was being pressed in my pocket by all the other crap in there, I put the car keys in another pocket and it hasn’t happen again

With the auto closure function the windows and sunroof (if fitted) close if you press and hold the lock button and open if you press and hold the unlock button. If you have a Highline display the function can be disabled in the convenience settings.

Early Sciroccos and Golfs of the same era have been known to lower the windows by themselves and I believe the culprit is the door controllers.
andy_m

Post by andy_m »

Andy b wrote:I don’t know if you know this, but if you push and hold the lock button on the remote keyfob then the windows drop

Thanks, no, I wasn't aware of that. I'll test that out later.
andy_m

Post by andy_m »

Cuprabob wrote:

With the auto closure function the windows and sunroof (if fitted) close if you press and hold the lock button and open if you press and hold the unlock button. If you have a Highline display the function can be disabled in the convenience settings.

Early Sciroccos and Golfs of the same era have been known to lower the windows by themselves and I believe the culprit is the door controllers.
Again, thanks for the info... Really had me worried! As I said above, I'll test that out :)

cheers

andy