Bulb Warning Light... but all OK?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
edwheels
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav (315) DAB, 18" Wheels

Bulb Warning Light... but all OK?

Post by edwheels »

Hi all,

Noticed the yellow, "bulb gone" warning light on the dash today. The Vehicle Status said CHECK LEFT REVERSING LIGHT.

When I got home I reversed into the driveway (so triggering reversing lights) and the warning light went off and now seems to stay off

Did a visual check and the reversing lights are actually fine on both sides.

The only thing I can think that this false warning may be related to is that, a few months ago, I fitted a reversing camera which is wired into the reversing lights.... the only thing is, it is wired into the RIGHT reversing light not the LEFT one which the system claimed had a problem - so it maybe nothing to do with this.

Anyone else has this sort of thing happen?

Thanks, as usual, everyone.
edwheels
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav (315) DAB, 18" Wheels

Re: Bulb Warning Light... but all OK?

Post by edwheels »

Oh - well - looks like I am the only one (at least only one currently viewing this forum!)... with experience of this.

Quick update, the warning light disappeared for a week or so - left reversing light working fine, but then came back on again yesterday and stayed on all day. When I got a chance, it looked like, indeed, the rear left reversing light was now actually out.

I took the bulb out and examined it - it looked 100% OK. After cleaning the contacts, re-assembling the light unit and putting it all back together again .... lo and behold it is working again. Hopefully that's all it is - bulb needed re-seating, but will buy a spare just in case.