boot not popping properly when trying to open?!!

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
danielkyle89
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red
With a: DSG box

boot not popping properly when trying to open?!!

Post by danielkyle89 »

Hi, I recently have started getting an issue where I press either the boot popper on the key or the door and the boot doesn't pop high enough for it to stay unlocked. If I don't catch it quick enough, it'll lock and I'll have to be standing holding the boot ready to pull it open when I hold the key fob.

I read a lot online about adjusting and possible the bump stops. I've tried adjusting the stops but nothing has change. Has anybody had this issue and can help at all?
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: boot not popping properly when trying to open?!!

Post by Cuprabob »

I would just try a new set of bumpstops as they're only a couple of pounds each. Although they may be adjusted correctly the may not be "springy" enough.

Other than that it could be the boot catch is not releasing correctly. Possibly try some lube on it to see if that helps.
danielkyle89
In: Salsa Red
With a: DSG box

Post by danielkyle89 »

I brought new ones but still the same. Do you have a picture of yours to see how much they’re adjusted?
Jaygebee
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Deep Black

Post by Jaygebee »

The previous roc I owned had spring loaded bump stops that lifted the tailgate clear when unlocked. They have removed them on the 2017 model I have now. Perhaps the spring loaded ones could be fitted. I had to replace them on my previous model due to the springs breaking. The y did not cost much and were fitted in minutes.
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

They probably removed the spring loaded bump stops on the later models because the boot is opened by pulling the VW badge as opposed to using an interior switch, so not required.