Scirocco R rear knocking noise

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
jacklingjinyew
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: NA

Scirocco R rear knocking noise

Post by jacklingjinyew »

Hi guys,

I recently encounter a rear driver side knocking issue. I had tried anything i can do including tighten all bots and nuts at the rear driver side lower arm, suspension and more. I also removed the interior panel and reinstall everything. I started having this knocking sound after i fix my dented rims and balancing done. The knocking sound only happens on when i turn and brake. The noise will disappear once i drive on speed way and will occur again once i slow down. Anyone encounter this issue before? The knocking sound is driving me crazy.

Note: I had changed both of my boot stops and also empty everything in my boot but no solutions found.
Thank you
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Scirocco R rear knocking noise

Post by Cuprabob »

I had a similar issue and I replaced the rear offside drop link and it fixed it.
a4gee
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

What's that bob?
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

a4gee wrote:What's that bob?
It links to the anti-roll bar and has a ball joint at one end which is prone to wear.

Item 10
http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/ca ... 980/lang/e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
a4gee
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

Thanks Bob / mine do look as though they have perished
jacklingjinyew

Post by jacklingjinyew »

Hey guys sorry for the late reply I think is my rear absorber shock issue the internal steel is loose. I guess I will need to change both absorbers .
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

jacklingjinyew wrote:Hey guys sorry for the late reply I think is my rear absorber shock issue the internal steel is loose. I guess I will need to change both absorbers .
If that's the case, make sure you're sitting down and not holding a hot drink when they tell you the cost of a shock absorber and yes it is recommended they are replaced in pairs. I don't know if it's still the case but the OEM DCC compatible shock absorbers were only available from TPS / Dealer.
jacklingjinyew

Post by jacklingjinyew »

LOL............. they quoted me the price and indeed it is expensive to replace both shocks. I guess i will have to save up to replace it will update you guys after i get it replace.