Oil pressure warning

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Rocco91940
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Oil pressure warning

Post by Rocco91940 »

Hey guys my scirocco randomly flashes oil pressure stop engine but it seems to be running fine. It only seems to happen when oil seems to be about 97 °c and at just under 2000rpm . Would you say it was sensor or oil pump
Cheers
Phil
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Oil pressure warning

Post by Cuprabob »

More than likely the pressure sensor or the wiring to it but best to get the oil pressure measured mechanically to be safe incase it really is low pressure and risk damage.

I would also do an oil and filter change incase there is a blockage in the filter.
Rocco91940

Post by Rocco91940 »

Allready done a oil and filter change with some engine flush i was thinking sensor because if was pump wouldnt it do it all the time?
xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

I wouldn't drive it until you have had it properly investigated

Check oil pickup in sump, it's common after engine flushes to block the pickup pipe.
Check oil pressure manually.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
racetech
In: Candy White
Options: panoramic roof
hd lights
reverse sensors
folding mirrors
puddle lights

Post by racetech »

had the same thing on mine 2.0tsi,,ended up being the balance shaft bearing housing,,,,a bolt had come out,,the bearing assembly kept moving out of its journals,,intermittend low oil pressure,,,junked the engine ,,,,,,,,,
Rocco Neil
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: interlagos18's , rear parking sensors , cruise , folding mirrors , privacy glass puddle lights start stop climate control AP coilovers

Post by Rocco Neil »

I had a similar thing on an A3 but it was oil level warning . Garage told me it was the oil level sensor . £164 later turned out to be a five amp fuse . Most expensive fuse in the south wales valleys lol . Worth a look though .
Rocco91940

Post by Rocco91940 »

It seems to be running fine its only now and again well say driving about half hour 40 mins and always about 97°c it happens and around 2000rpm
Rocco Neil
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: interlagos18's , rear parking sensors , cruise , folding mirrors , privacy glass puddle lights start stop climate control AP coilovers

Post by Rocco Neil »

My A3 ran sweet as , but the blown fuse caused not only the oil level warning to come up on the dash , but it knocked out the reverse light and the parking sensors . It maybe worth a gander at the fuses even if its to rule it out . lets be honest , a cheap fix is always a better option .
Rocco91940

Post by Rocco91940 »

Took the sump off oil pick up is clean changed the sensor as cheap fix and seems to have sorted it touch wood cheers for the help guys