Dynaudio + spare wheel?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
ChrisRLine
I drive a: R-Line
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio Excite, Winter Pack, Bi-Xenons

Dynaudio + spare wheel?

Post by ChrisRLine »

Hi guys,

I’m in the process of buying a 15 plate Scirocco with the Dynaudio Excite package, which obviously has the sub in the spare wheel well. However, I do a fair number of miles and have fallen to a pothole induced puncture before, so like having a spare if possible. Is there a way of fitting a spare around the sub? Also, which size spare do I need if I have the 19 inch Talledegas? I’m happy to keep it in the boot if needs be!

Thanks in advance :yes:
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Dynaudio + spare wheel?

Post by Cuprabob »

Space Saver is a 3.5x18 ET25.5 fitted with a 125/70x18 tyre. Part Number 1K0 601 027B

This is what came with my car from the factory with 19" wheels fitted. Not sure if it goes over the brakes on the front of the "R", in which case you put space saver on rear and move rear wheel to front, if you get a puncture on the front.
Billc
In: Ultra Violet
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Post by Billc »

I have a 2015 R-Line with Dynaudio and the sub is sitting inside the spacesaver, that's how it came. If the one you're buying hasn't got a Spacesave then I assume it has run flat tyres?
Bill in Norfants
ChrisRLine
In: Pure White
Options: Dynaudio Excite, Winter Pack, Bi-Xenons

Post by ChrisRLine »

Thanks both! I was told that the sub replaces the spare wheel and there's an inflation kit strapped in the boot, but I've now asked for that to be checked and yes, there is a spare wheel with the sub sat in it! I think the 'kit' in the boot is probably the jack etc.
Billc
In: Ultra Violet
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Post by Billc »

ChrisRLine wrote:Thanks both! I was told that the sub replaces the spare wheel and there's an inflation kit strapped in the boot, but I've now asked for that to be checked and yes, there is a spare wheel with the sub sat in it! I think the 'kit' in the boot is probably the jack etc.
That is correct. There is a box strapped to the RHS of the boot which has all the usual toolkit in it. It's a poor looking workaround by VW but at least it allows both Dynaudio and a spare!
Bill in Norfants