58 Plate Scirocco Cruise control retrofit - Quick question

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
mistercrabb
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

58 Plate Scirocco Cruise control retrofit - Quick question

Post by mistercrabb »

Hi everyone,
sorry I bet this has been answered but for the life of me I can't find anything using the search.

I have a 58 plate 2.0TSI Scirocco without the multi function steering wheel.
Recently started doing a lot of motorway miles and I'm getting bored of holding my foot in the same position for hours at a time.

So planning on doing a cruise control retrofit, and I thought I just needed a new indicator stalk, as I understand I don't need a new slip ring on this car due to it's age.
However reading around I'm seeing mentions of new steering modules, and conversion websites have different options for cars with DIS (which I think comes with the MFSW but I don't actually know what it is?).

So I'd just like to check that I don't need anything apart from the new stalk (1K0 953 513 G / F ??). There also seem to be two versions of the stalk, one has the word "Cancel" written on it below the dial on the top of the stalk.
Would I possibly need a new onboard computer (or whatever DIS is) to proceed?

What do you guys think?

Rob
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: 58 Plate Scirocco Cruise control retrofit - Quick questi

Post by Cuprabob »

DIS is the Driver Information System, which is the display in the dash between the speedo and rev counter that displays various information controlled by the buttons at the end of the wiper stalk on cars without MFSW. Based on the year of your car I would expect your car to have the red DIS.