Replacement Tyres

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Daddydub140
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise control,Highline MFD, MF Steering Wheel,Telephone Prepared, Truffle leather, 2 Zone Air Con.
Added Extras:- XDS, Premium mats, Alloy Pedals,Interior LED bulbs, Mudflaps,Bespoke s/steel system, parking sensors, Edition30/35/R Quick Shifter, ITG air induction kit, Neuspeed Power Pulley Kit.

Replacement Tyres

Post by Daddydub140 »

I have Vredestein UltracSessanta 235/40/18s at the moment but will need changing soon, I’m looking at the Avon ZZ5s as replacements anyone got thoughts or advice I will be most grateful for any ideas.
Delberthot
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors

Re: Replacement Tyres

Post by Delberthot »

I was looking at those Avons when I needed a set a few weeks ago but the garage I get my tyres from told me that lot of the local guys with Golf Rs were using Falken Azenis FK510. I checked out the reviews and decided to go with them. I have 19"s and they came in at exactly £100 each

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Falke ... -FK510.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daddydub140
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Cruise control,Highline MFD, MF Steering Wheel,Telephone Prepared, Truffle leather, 2 Zone Air Con.
Added Extras:- XDS, Premium mats, Alloy Pedals,Interior LED bulbs, Mudflaps,Bespoke s/steel system, parking sensors, Edition30/35/R Quick Shifter, ITG air induction kit, Neuspeed Power Pulley Kit.

Re: Replacement Tyres

Post by Daddydub140 »

Delberthot wrote:I was looking at those Avons when I needed a set a few weeks ago but the garage I get my tyres from told me that lot of the local guys with Golf Rs were using Falken Azenis FK510. I checked out the reviews and decided to go with them. I have 19"s and they came in at exactly £100 each

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Falke ... -FK510.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi mate thanks for that. I did have the Avon ZZ5 S on my Golf and they did me proud however they were on smaller wheels. My tyre fitter said those Falkens are good but are made of a softer compound so have a lower mileage,but I guess it all depends on driving style.