Recalls

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Rocco 87
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Reflex Silver
With a: Manual box

Recalls

Post by Rocco 87 »

Ok my Rocco tdi 140 is going in for 2 recalls ABS and emissions softwear update I have read about a lot of TDI owners having problems after a recall with failing EGR loss of power poor MPG and DPF issues.
Has anyone experienced this ?
And should I not have the emissions sorted any advice would be greatly appreciated
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Recalls

Post by Cuprabob »

Even although VW now offer warranty on certain components after the emissions update, I personally don't see the point of taking the risk. The update is a compromise and despite VW saying there is no negative impact, I just don't believe them. The update offers no improvement but offers some risk. I can't understand why anybody would want to get it done unless you are desperate for a free VW thermal mug, assuming you still receive one for getting the update done. Just my opinion of course.

Even the ABS recall hasn't went smoothly for some customers with some having to go back after a few weeks to have the ABS ECU replaced. However, as this recall is safety related I would definitely get it done.
Rocco 87
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Reflex Silver

Re: Recalls

Post by Rocco 87 »

Free mug you say !!!
Thats what I am thinking leave the emissions and just get abs sorted and ask about a warranty
Thankyou