Ticking noise accelerating

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
striker200181673
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Ticking noise accelerating

Post by striker200181673 »

On my second Roc now, so I am quite in tune with the engine noises. My last Roc was a 2.0 TDI and this one is a GT Turbo diesel. What I notice is a highly annoying ticking noise when accelerating. Sounds more prominent from the drivers side, hear it most around 30-40mph but it only happens when the car is in motion. I’ve tried to replicate the noise when the car is at a standstill but nothing. Only when accelerating. Had it into two separate garages who said they can’t hear/see anything yet I can hear it clear as day and it’s driving me crazy. Car only has a couple of months left on its parts/labour warranty so want to get to the bottom of this before then! Any ideas?
Last edited by striker200181673 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoccoTom
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
Options: Cruise control
Auto folding mirrors
'R' side sill strips
Luxury mats

Re: Ticking noise accelerating

Post by RoccoTom »

Is it definitely speed dependant, rather than rev dependant? And is it definitely a 'ticking' rather than a 'rasping' or 'rattling'? I'm just asking as I have a sound coming from somewhere behind the dash when accelerating at around 2,500 rpm. Like you, the garage couldn't detect it.
striker200181673
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue

Re: Ticking noise accelerating

Post by striker200181673 »

I’d probably say it’s Rev dependant but the noise is just more noticeable at specific speeds. Pushing my foot on and off the accelerator I hear it but not if the car is sitting idle which is frustrating. It’s a difficult noise to describe, but more of a ticking noise. If I’m doing long distances I get a vibration from under the passenger footwell which happens every 2mins for a matter of seconds. Not sure if this is connected. The fact I can hear these highly annoying noises and no garage can detect it is very frustrating.