Very strange drivers mirror glass moving when accelerating

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Craigyb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Very strange drivers mirror glass moving when accelerating

Post by Craigyb »

Good evening guys,
I have a very weird problem and not sure if it’s caused by the very cold weather today but here goes. When driving home from work today I noticed my drivers side door mirror glass was moving up and down only the glass not the whole mirror as if it was being done by the adjuster, so I pulled over and checked to see if it was loose and it wasn’t. I continued driving and realised it only happened when I accelerated as if through interference. I’ve noticed it doesn’t do it when I’m stationary and Rev or in reverse it’s only when I’m driving along and seems to move more the faster I go :fall:
Has anyone had this or knows what the cause could be? I was thinking the weather as it was -6 on the way home.
Thankyou in advance, Craig
scottwilliams97
In: Candy White
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek non-resonated catback and decat system, H&R Springs, Full Black leather, Upgraded Dynaudio speakers, Panoramic sunroof, Rear parking sensors.

Re: Very strange drivers mirror glass moving when accelerati

Post by scottwilliams97 »

This happened to my passenger mirror glass; although it looked like the glass was secure, it wasn't!
Easy fix - just used double sided tape to stick it back in properly
Craigyb
In: Rising Blue

Re: Very strange drivers mirror glass moving when accelerati

Post by Craigyb »

Thanks Scott I just felt the edge and it came off so must have been the weather making the glue crack, thanks for your help mate