Bluetooth Hands Free Kit for RCD510

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
johnyK
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Bluetooth Hands Free Kit for RCD510

Post by johnyK »

Hello guys,

I recently bought a blue 2009 scirocco 2.0 TSI, love it!

Please forgive me to open one more thread on the topic of bluetooth / hands free kit, I know this might be answered already but I am quite confused on what to buy and where to buy it from tbh.

I have an RCD 510 with apparently no bluetooth capability, neither my iphone SE nor my samsung Note 4 are recognised in RCD 510. I want to be able to play phone music and do phone calls using the steering wheel without touching the phone, which means i need a bluetooth hands free kit add-on.

I have heard about 3C8-035-730-B, 5N0-035-730-D, fiscon etc etc etc. I have read all dimexi's posts and maybe the answer is there indeed, but still I am confused.

Could someone please tell me which kit exactly I need, what is the part number, and where I can buy it? If I opt for a VW OEM kit, where shall i find it? Doing a normal google-around in VW's UK website did not help me really.

Any help will be hugely appreciated, thanks a lot for your time :)
timc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Retro fit LED Mirror,Door Puddle Lights, Cruise. Kenwood DNX516DABS, Android box + Kodi, JL Audio amp, JBL GTO Speakers, Reversing Camera. Polar FIS+, XDS, Oscarli magic

Re: Bluetooth Hands Free Kit for RCD510

Post by timc »

I've got an OEM VW bluetooth module for sale in the relevant section of this forum.

You'll then just need to add Mic and Modified wiring cable for the stereo - which I have also, but can't find them :S

This is the wiring set:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-SKODA-V ... SwI~taaHF-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
johnyK

Post by johnyK »

Hi timc, thanks a lot for your reply. How could i PM you to ask you some details about your module?
Billc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Post by Billc »

I had a Fiscon in my previous 2010 Scirocco, supplied and fitted by Richter Sport in Milton Keynes. It and they were brilliant. It worked with the steering wheel, the MFD and the RCD510 as if it were factory fitted.
Bill in Norfants
johnyK

Post by johnyK »

Hi Billc! How much did you pay them for the fiscon (incl labour)?
johnyK

Post by johnyK »

Timc, could you please PM me your phone? I think I cannot PM you because I am a new member.
Billc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Post by Billc »

johnyK wrote:Hi Billc! How much did you pay them for the fiscon (incl labour)?
Bare in mind this was 7 years ago and the market has changed a lot since, from memory (which is rubbish!) it was somewhere just under £400 fitted including any future software upgrades. I'd just bought a 6 month old GT TSi and to me at the time it was worth every penny.
Bill in Norfants
dimexi
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

johnyK wrote:Hello guys,

I recently bought a blue 2009 scirocco 2.0 TSI, love it!

Please forgive me to open one more thread on the topic of bluetooth / hands free kit, I know this might be answered already but I am quite confused on what to buy and where to buy it from tbh.

I have an RCD 510 with apparently no bluetooth capability, neither my iphone SE nor my samsung Note 4 are recognised in RCD 510. I want to be able to play phone music and do phone calls using the steering wheel without touching the phone, which means i need a bluetooth hands free kit add-on.

I have heard about 3C8-035-730-B, 5N0-035-730-D, fiscon etc etc etc. I have read all dimexi's posts and maybe the answer is there indeed, but still I am confused.

Could someone please tell me which kit exactly I need, what is the part number, and where I can buy it? If I opt for a VW OEM kit, where shall i find it? Doing a normal google-around in VW's UK website did not help me really.

Any help will be hugely appreciated, thanks a lot for your time :)
What was confusing about it? I installed mine probably about 3 - 4 years ago now, so my memory will be blurry... but perhaps I could help.