Parking display - stuck

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
striker200181673
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Parking display - stuck

Post by striker200181673 »

This is probably very trivial but I’ve judt purchased a 64 plate scirocco bluemotion 2.0 GT which has parking sensors front and back. When I shove it into reverse the display naturally shows ‘look safe to move’. When I take it out of reverse the display stays the same for a good minute or so afterwards, I thought the change back to the display would be instananeious or is this perfectly normal? Also getting a ticking noise from the drivers side when in lower gears, it’s more noticeable when accelerating.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Parking display - stuck

Post by Cuprabob »

The display not reverting back immediately is normal operation. It does it just incase you are jumping between forward and reverse gears to get into a tight space and so the display is not jumping back and forth. The same delay applies to the passenger mirror dip function.

Sorry can't help with the clicking under acceleration in lower gears.