Remaps and SPS

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
lewisheywood
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Remaps and SPS

Post by lewisheywood »

First off, I have a 174 TDI Scirocco 63 plate and I'm looking into getting it remapped, looking around I see remaps advertised under the 170 TDI engine, just to confirm is mine the same engine and turbo setup with a slightly different tune?

Anyway, I'm looking at either Celtic Tuning or Revo;

Celtic Tuning are offering an increase of 54BHP and 81LBFT (seems quite a lot)

Revo are offering an increase of 29BHP and 60LBFT

Revo also offer an SPS which is an OBD device that switches between stock and performance mode.

Anyone got any recommendations or experience?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Tenko73
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: VWR 600 Intake, Forge B.O.V., H&R Lowering Springs (35mm), Ferrodo Discs and Pads (recommend), Gloss Black VW badges, Blue Led Interior lights, De-activated DRL's, Brushed Aluminium Scirocco sill plates, Sachs dual mass flywheel and clutch upgrade, Stage 1 Remap (custom).

Re: Remaps and SPS

Post by Tenko73 »

I am by no means an expert but I know of some-one with a 1.4 TSi who went to Celtic for a stage 1. Ended up having it removed and going with Vasworks, Dorset. Had no problems since.
Misanthropes need people; without a steady supply, the misanthrope cannot fully apply his art.
Mr OCD
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: All of them ... lol

Post by Mr OCD »

174bhp is 177ps ... so you want the 177 remaps.

I’d avoid Celtic too.
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
lewisheywood
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Post by lewisheywood »

Mr OCD wrote:174bhp is 177ps ... so you want the 177 remaps.

I’d avoid Celtic too.
Revo would be ideal however they don't advertise a remap for the 174bhp, only 170bhp , I'm guessing the software for the 170 works for mine but I suppose I best ask them.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk