Change Radio on Scirroco R-Line (2016)

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
btrax
I drive a: R-Line
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box

Change Radio on Scirroco R-Line (2016)

Post by btrax »

Hi guys,
I managed to change my Heau unit by a Android Head Unit (joying if you want to know :) ) and i'm stuck on the first part. The R-line (or 2016) Scirocco has a new plastic trim which surround the AC, the Head Unit and the ventilation.

For remove the lower part it's easy but when I arrive on the top, the trim is stuck. I think I have to remove the central exhaust first but I don't know how to do that. any idea ?

Cheers ;)
toplad
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Change Radio on Scirroco R-Line (2016)

Post by toplad »

The top pulls out just the same as the bottom, no different

Pull or pry harder
woutromghax
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by woutromghax »

Why would you want to do that with almost a brand new car, really ?
chelspeed
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sold it!

Post by chelspeed »

woutromghax wrote:Why would you want to do that with almost a brand new car, really ?
What the fuck is it to do with you? The original poster wants to do it, who the fuck are you to question him? If you don't have anything positive to post then don't post anything.
Zanic L3
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Stage 2, Catless DP, Milltek catback.

Post by Zanic L3 »

chelspeed wrote:
woutromghax wrote:Why would you want to do that with almost a brand new car, really ?
What the fuck is it to do with you? The original poster wants to do it, who the fuck are you to question him? If you don't have anything positive to post then don't post anything.
Lol?
SciroccoCW
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Oryx White
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Post by SciroccoCW »

:clap: Don't piss your panties guys
SciroccoCW
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Oryx White
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Post by SciroccoCW »

I took this trim off my facelift Scirocco. I had the same problem with the top clips being VERY hard to detach. The clips surrounding the top vent have a little plastic tooth which has to be raised for it to slide out. Took me nearly an hour to get it all off because I didn't want to break anything. Had to use a small flat head and torch to check each clip.
woutromghax
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by woutromghax »

chelspeed wrote:
:shrug: I am sorry for your problems