2014 Scirocco iPod/Phone adapter

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
mickdavies
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

2014 Scirocco iPod/Phone adapter

Post by mickdavies »

Hi guys, forum newbie.

Just purchased my new car 2014 Scirocco 2.0 Tdi GT, and it has a 30 pin iPod adapter in the rest.

I’d love to have my iPhone 7 connected up via this for charging and audio... so my question is, which cable do I need and where can I purchase one? Preferably not stupidly expensive.

Many thanks
Mick
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: 2014 Scirocco iPod/Phone adapter

Post by Cuprabob »

Easiest solution is to use an official Apple Lightning Convertor. The cheaper ones often don't give full functionality.

Other option is just use the MDI to USB cable L, that should have came with the car, and connect the phone through USB.

Your car is 2014, so has Bluetooth, so just use that for audio.
SciroccoCW
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Oryx White
Options: 2015MY, Bi-Xenon, 18" Interlagos, Start/Stop, Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Panoramic Roof, Parking Sensors, Heated Seats, Interior LED's, Projector Puddle Lights, Mudflaps, Winter Pack, Rubber Mats, Stainless Steel Pedals, VCDS Tweaks

Post by SciroccoCW »

I use a USB adapter in the cigarette lighter to charge my Iphone, since if you use the MDI connection the cable has to hang out of the arm rest and can get squashed, plus the larger Iphones wont even fit inside the arm rest and the cable is too short to lay the phone flat ontop of the drink holders sliding cover. I run my charging cable from the cigarette lighter through the triangle shaped hole on the right next to it and then hid the cable underneath the plastic trim leading to the drinks holder so the cable pops up right next to the drink holder sliding cover.

And yes use Bluetooth for audio.
mickdavies
In: Deep Black

Post by mickdavies »

Thank you guys, will try the adaptor and go with charging only and audio via BT.

Seems a shame mind.