Bluetooth media won't connect but call will

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
lewisheywood
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Bluetooth media won't connect but call will

Post by lewisheywood »

I have a 63 plate scirocco with the RNS310 and as of late I've been having a problem where my phone will connect for call audio , but not media audio?

I'm sure I've seen a post or two about this before but couldn't find them from a quick search.

Anyone with experience or advice with this would be much appreciated, I have reset both and unpaired and repaired etc, all the basics but no luck .

Thanks , Lewis

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
SeanWHU
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box

Re: Bluetooth media won't connect but call will

Post by SeanWHU »

Hi,

I'm getting the exact same problem.

Been absolutely fine since I've owned the car (8 Months)....Connected perfectly every time I got in the car & played music as soon as I pressed the Media button.

Within the last couple of weeks It's started connecting purely as a phone device and not a media device. Still shows the last song that was played on the phone but doesn't play it through the speakers.

I recently connected a friends iPhone to my car via bluetooth to play his music, so I wonder if that may have changed some internal settings and affected how it plays my Samsung. I've read before that on a ford you get an iOS mode and Android mode, maybe something like this?

I've done a factory reset on the RNS-315 and also factory reset all Bluetooth settings on my phone but still the problem persists.

Any help would be amazing!

Thanks

Sean
lewisheywood

Post by lewisheywood »

SeanWHU wrote:Hi,

Been absolutely fine since I've owned the car (8 Months)....Connected perfectly every time I got in the car & played music as soon as I pressed the Media button.

Within the last couple of weeks It's started connecting purely as a phone device and not a media device. Still shows the last song that was played on the phone but doesn't play it through the speakers.

I recently connected a friends iPhone to my car via bluetooth to play his music, so I wonder if that may have changed some internal settings and affected how it plays my Samsung. I've read before that on a ford you get an iOS mode and Android mode, maybe something like this?

I've done a factory reset on the RNS-315 and also factory reset all Bluetooth settings on my phone but still the problem persists.

Thanks

Sean
I to have a Samsung, mines the S8 , I find that if I unpair and repair 2 or 3 times it will connect for media , but once disconnected it will only connect to call and so have to go through the unpair process each time.

I connected my friends S7 and the same problem occurred, have not yet tested with an iPhone will do that next.

Perhaps an update from Samsung that has caused it , will soon find out.

lewisheywood

Post by lewisheywood »

SeanWHU wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Sean
I to have a Samsung, mines the S8 , I find that if I unpair and repair 2 or 3 times it will connect for media , but once disconnected it will only connect to call and so have to go through the unpair process each time.

I connected my friends S7 and the same problem occurred, have not yet tested with an iPhone will do that next.

Perhaps an update from Samsung that has caused it , will soon find out.

lewisheywood

Post by lewisheywood »

Finally found a solution!

For Samsung users:

Go to Settings
- General Management
- Reset
- Reset Network Settings

All done , connects immediately unlike it did before , and goes straight to call and media audio!

Hope this helps as it was driving me mad trying to find a solution :)

lewisheywood

Post by lewisheywood »

Tell a lie , it's back at it again the next day and the previous solution didn't fix it this time round.

After searching forums all night I've come to the conclusion that it's Samsung's Bluetooth software which is the issue as my old HTC works fine, 75 pages of forum complaints on it over the past few months , fingers crossed it'll be sorted in a near future update :(

PaulKB90
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by PaulKB90 »

Hey Guys, Hate to dig up an old thread but don't see the point in starting a new one if its a similar issue :)

I'm having the same problem. Phone connects fine and phone calls work perfectly.

When I'm play music and select the media button I don't have the option for BT Audio.

What I have noticed tho is if the music is playing on my phone through spotify when I hang up a call for a second the music plays through the speakers and then goes quiet again.

So the Radio is picking up the music on the phone. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if they have any idea how to fix it.
wensleydale
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Post by wensleydale »

Some of the bluetooth modules are capable of being connected to 2 devices at once, 1 for phone and 1 for media. It may be that it's got itself in a muddle. If you go into the bluetooth settings on the mfd there will be a section for Media Player. in there will be options to show paired devices and active devices. go into the paired devices list, find your phone and click on it. See if that allows it to connect.
murmints
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Pewter Grey

Post by murmints »

I am also having the same issue with my 2014 2.0ltr Diesel, the phone will connect no problem, but not the media, I have tried numerous times to delete the Bluetooth connection and re connect, sometime it will work to play media, but as has been previously stated as soon as the ignition is switched off then it only connects to the phone and not the media. I have also tried using the dual connection on the phone without success. I know there are a lot of posts regarding this, I have also tried to speak with Volkswagen regarding this, but they want to charge £120 for an hour to investigate without the guarantee of the issue being resolved.
Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.