USB not recognised in 'Source' Anymore (Album Cover Art)

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
RoccoR
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Cruise control,
power fold mirrors, LED puddle lights,
VW app. connect (Apple CarPlay),
full (blue) LED interior

USB not recognised in 'Source' Anymore (Album Cover Art)

Post by RoccoR »

I have a four week old brand new Scirocco and am loving it. However, a small but irritating problem has occurred. I shall try and describe as best I can here:

I have an iPhone 6 and all my music is on the phone. As soon as I get in the car and turn the ignition on the discovery system recognises my phone when bluetooth is switched on. Now I know I can play my music through bluetooth, but I also connect my phone to the USB socket, both to charge the phone and also because doing this allows the album cover art to appear on the display. In the past few days however, when I go to plug the phone in it fails to display the USB as a media source. It will power the phone, but when I select 'Source' and go to select USB, the USB option is greyed out. The only source options available to me are: Bluetooth, WAN, Auxillary

As I said, it has been working absolutely fine until just this past week and I don't know if it's a coincidence, but it seems to be since I recently update my phone's IOS to 11.0.3.

Has anyone else experienced problems like this or know what the problem might be?

Thanks
Vet_2010
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

Re: USB not recognised in 'Source' Anymore (Album Cover Art)

Post by Vet_2010 »

I've had exactly the same problem since updating iOS on my iPhone 7.
I'm not sure what the fix is though... I guess its Bluetooth only music for now and no album artwork.