Removing key

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
blz-8027
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box

Removing key

Post by blz-8027 »

Anyone have issues removing the ignition key ,if i switch off then try to remove the key shortly after ,it wont come out ,i thought it was because history dictates the key wont come out unless in P park on the Autos
but it isnt
if i switch off and remove the key straight away its ok

strange
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Removing key

Post by Cuprabob »

Key won't come out unless it is in Park. If it's not coming out when in Park then there could be an issue with the interlock between the gear selector and the ignition switch.

I don't know what year your car is but some of the early Sciroccos have had issues with their ignition switches.
blz-8027
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box

Re: Removing key

Post by blz-8027 »

Cuprabob wrote:Key won't come out unless it is in Park. If it's not coming out when in Park then there could be an issue with the interlock between the gear selector and the ignition switch.

I don't know what year your car is but some of the early Sciroccos have had issues with their ignition switches.
Car is a 2013 plate ,key comes out if i remove it straight away