Sat Nav fail

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Deeko01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box

Sat Nav fail

Post by Deeko01 »

Hi Guys,

I have a weird thing going on in my 2009 VW Scirocco, my Sat Nav is putting me in strange locations such as Austria when I am in the UK.

Mainly it places me 20-30 miles away from my present position, in 5 years of owning the vehicle it has never done this and I wonder if anyone else has had this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
J2009
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Re: Sat Nav fail

Post by J2009 »

Hi. Don’t know if you have fixed your problem as I have only just joined this forum.

I recently had this problem and eventually I was permanently ‘parked’ in the middle of a field somewhere in Europe.

I purchased an internal aerial to plug into the back of the RNS510 unit to replacement the external (Fin) aerial and taped the small receiver unit out of the way on the internal shelf between the unit housing and the air vents.

Works great now.

You tube will show you how to get the RNS510 unit out to unplug the existing aerial.
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Yes - my Sat Nav failed a couple of years back, and it was a failed 'shark fin' aerial. I got a VW independent to fit a new one for me, but it still cost me around £170, £52 for the part and the rest labour.
blz-8027
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box

Post by blz-8027 »

Well you learn something every day,didnt know the shark fin was for sat Nav,