Tsi timing belt snapped!

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
JasonDaly
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pure White
With a: Manual box

Tsi timing belt snapped!

Post by JasonDaly »

Morning guys,

First post here and I'm looking for some advice please, basically something tragic happened to my beloved
Scirocco iv been told by a local mechanic the timing belt snapped on a cold start and has bent valves! :cry:
It's a 2010 model 2.0 tsi has done 52000 miles and I only bought it 5 months ago :cry: :cry:
Just wondering what my best options are now? The mechanic mentioned I should bring the mater up to VW as
It may have been part of a recall for faulty tensioner or something but I think I'm just gunna get a "do one" response tbh.
Am I all out of luck? And have to fork out more hard earned cash for a new engine?? :( :cry:
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Tsi timing belt snapped!

Post by Cuprabob »

Your car doesn't have a timing belt, it is a chain and it's very rare for it to snap. There have been issues with the timing chain tensioner causing the tension to be reduced causing rattling and in some cases the chain to slip.

If your car has a FVWSH then it is worth talking to your local VW dealer although will want to diagnose the issue for themselves which you.may need to pay for thr diagnosis. Getting goodwill from VW for a 7 year old car may be difficult unless the issue can be connected to the known tensioner issue. Also worth talking to VW Customer Services. They can only say no.
SciroccoEire
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Milltek Cat back , H&R Springs , Stage 1 Remap

Re: Tsi timing belt snapped!

Post by SciroccoEire »

Timing Chain Issued happened on my Car around 65,000 Miles. (2008 Model)

If the damage is as extensive as you say , which it very likely is. You will need a new engine.

I ended up getting a new engine from VW with a 2 year, Unlimited mile Warranty.