EPC light

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Jaydee500
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Unknown

EPC light

Post by Jaydee500 »

Hello All

I have just joined the forum and I have a question about the EPC. Now i have read a few post about this topic but none cover what seems to be happening to my beloved TSI. So far i have had to replace the manifold sensor twice, replace the coil packs and had a new throttle body and still the EPC light comes on regularly. I have had a service recently and checked my oil levels regularly before and after and the car is not using any oil. Ive had the car checked and the throttle position error code has come up but how is this possible with a new throttle less then 3 weeks old.

Any ideas, advice or suggestion welcome

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: EPC light

Post by Cuprabob »

If you have replaced the throttle body then it could be the throttle pedal potentiometer or a connection issue at either end of the system. Take a note of the actual error code and check on the Ross Tech Wiki site.
Jaydee500
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Unknown

Post by Jaydee500 »

Cuprabob wrote:If you have replaced the throttle body then it could be the throttle pedal potentiometer or a connection issue at either end of the system. Take a note of the actual error code and check on the Ross Tech Wiki site.
Awesome thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Fifi
In: Deep Black
Options: Pan roof and Vienna Winter pack

Post by Fifi »

Hi Jaydee how are you getting on with your EPC issues?

I just joined this group as have a TSi and have been getting Engine workshop fault messages since the day I bought her! The first fault was similar to you in that the Throttle position sensor needed to be replaced and then after going on my first long drive (I've only had the car 2 weeks) the EPC light came on and I couldn't change gears easily - wasn't responding properly. Then I turned the car on and off and the EPC light disappeared!! Then took it easy on the motorway coming home. It must be an intermittent fault but just wondered how your issue is working out. Planning to call the garage I bought her from today as I have a warranty but have lost all confidence in the car.