VW Eibach Springs

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
lewisheywood
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

VW Eibach Springs

Post by lewisheywood »

So I have a 63 plate 177bhp TDI R line and my one criticism is the 4x4 look the car has on standard springs.

Therefore, I'm looking for a good option in terms of replacement springs. I want to keep the DCC and have been told that H&R springs drop by 35mm ish which would be perfect, however I still have 2 years warranty. I'm guessing putting H&R springs would void this warranty?

The other option I've heard is the re-branded Eibach Springs that VW themselves provide?? I take it since these are from VW they will not void warranty? However, these only drop by 20mm ish, which I'm unsure as to whether they would give much of a lowered look and feel at all. My other issue is, would I need to declare the Eibach Springs to insurance as they are manufacturer fitted but I guess not regarded as factory spec?

Thanks in advance, Lewis Image
>moto<
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
Options: Leather

Re: VW Eibach Springs

Post by >moto< »

Springs won't void your warranty no matter what ones you fit, unless it's the spring that actually fails.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

VWR (Volkswagen Racing), despite the name have no affiliation to VW the manufacturer therefore in terms of warranty or insurance they are no different to fitting any other spring.

Fitting aftermarket springs won't affect warranty and as with all mods you should advise your insurance company if you fit aftermarket springs.
Addymk2
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
In: Deep Black

Post by Addymk2 »

Cuprabob wrote:VWR (Volkswagen Racing), despite the name have no affiliation to VW the manufacturer therefore in terms of warranty or insurance they are no different to fitting any other spring.

Fitting aftermarket springs won't affect warranty and as with all mods you should advise your insurance company if you fit aftermarket springs.
VWR are essentially a glorified rebrander/redistributor.

OPs referring to these;
https://shops.volkswagen.com/de_DE/web/ ... k8071677-9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Addymk2

Post by Addymk2 »

Patrick likes the feathers
lewisheywood

Post by lewisheywood »

Is this definetly the case with warranty? I'm sure I've heard numerous times that changing suspension setup means if something does break , VW and other dealers alike jump straight on the "harsher ride from after market springs has caused the problem" argument.

I do need to pop into my local dealer in the next few days so no harm in asking I suppose.

As for the choice of springs then, if I'm looking for a lower ride height of over 30mm drop, without much worry of loss of ride quality, the H&Rs are the obvious choice?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Addymk2

Post by Addymk2 »

Those or Eibach Sportines/Pro Kit, the OEM ones offer a tiny drop.

eBay.de is your best place to look, the prices are generally a lot better than UK vendors even after getting them sent over the pond

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
lewisheywood

Post by lewisheywood »

Addymk2 wrote:Those or Eibach Sportines/Pro Kit, the OEM ones offer a tiny drop.

eBay.de is your best place to look, the prices are generally a lot better than UK vendors even after getting them sent over the pond

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
Will give those a look also then.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Scidocco
In: Opal Silver

Post by Scidocco »

Hi all, does anyone have any pics of their Rline (or standard Roc) fitted with Eibach sportline? Or pro? I've got an Rline and just got some Eibach sportline but want to know how it's gonna look as I don't want it to be too low! Thanks in advance
mikwillo
In: Rising Blue
Options: 224 bhp Stage 1 Remap
Eibach Sportline Springs
Ramair Induction Intake
Paddle shift extenders
Carista mods

Post by mikwillo »

Scidocco wrote:Hi all, does anyone have any pics of their Rline (or standard Roc) fitted with Eibach sportline? Or pro? I've got an Rline and just got some Eibach sportline but want to know how it's gonna look as I don't want it to be too low! Thanks in advance
Did you get the Sportline springs fitted in the end? If so how is the ride?
TriGGER
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Parking Sensors, Leather Interior

Post by TriGGER »

I've got the Sportline's fitted, I can take some pictures when I get the chance for you.

I spend way too many hours driving in my car and I think the Sportlines are just a tad bit too harsh on my ride. I'm looking to change up to the Pro's.

The Sportline look very good IMO and boy the feeling that it sticks in sport is crazy, if I change them the handling is something I hope I do not loose.

If anyone want's to buy the Sportline's off me once it's off drop me a message.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KimHarris
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by KimHarris »

Are the Sportline still available?

TriGGER wrote:I've got the Sportline's fitted, I can take some pictures when I get the chance for you.

I spend way too many hours driving in my car and I think the Sportlines are just a tad bit too harsh on my ride. I'm looking to change up to the Pro's.

The Sportline look very good IMO and boy the feeling that it sticks in sport is crazy, if I change them the handling is something I hope I do not loose.

If anyone want's to buy the Sportline's off me once it's off drop me a message.
TriGGER
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Parking Sensors, Leather Interior

Post by TriGGER »

Look on eibach