RNS 510 stuck in German language

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Bawbag
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather,dynaudio,folding mirrors,Bluetooth,parking sensors,electric seats

RNS 510 stuck in German language

Post by Bawbag »

My RNS 510 unit took longer than usual to boot up and when it did come on the language had changed to German.If I go into the setup menu and select English it always "fails to load selected language" and reverts back to German.

VW want £69 to look at it and then no doubt tell me the only fix is to replace the unit so I'm avoiding going down that route.I have seen info about updating the firmware but I don't have a clue what I'm doing so wish to avoid that as well.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem or know of somewhere in the Fife/Edinburgh region that can look at it for me?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: RNS 510 stuck in German language

Post by Cuprabob »

If you do a quick google search you will see it's quite a common issue. Only solution seems to be to reload / update the firmware.