Possible supercharger clutch issue ? (1.4 tsi 160)

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Humphries92
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: Manual box

Possible supercharger clutch issue ? (1.4 tsi 160)

Post by Humphries92 »

Hi all, I have posted a few times over recent month about a reoccurring problem and received a few replies which i am extremely grateful for, unfortunately all the suggestions haven't worked. The problem is an intermittent issue with the boost when pressing the accelerator, sometimes when i press my foot on the gas nothing happens, the car barely moves in speed and there isn't a whine from the supercharger, this lasts for a few seconds and i have to take my foot off the pedal and reapply a few times to get it to respond. The issue typically happens in seconds gear and also at higher speeds when trying to over take on the motorway, again this is a intermittent problem and doesn't always happen. I have had the car looked at and its codes checked several times but nothing has come back, i have had all the spark plugs (checked for correct gaps also) and coil packs changed, i have also had the turbo actuator checked, the diagnostics have never returned a misfire on any of the cylinders suggesting that isn't the issue. Recently there has been a slight squeak when pressing the accelerator which suggests an issue with the water pump but that has disappeared in the last week. I have read recently about problems with the supercharger clutch not engaging the supercharger so i think this could be the problem. I love this car and it is such a joy to drive (when it works) so i really want to get this sorted once and for all.

Sorry for the long post, any help would be appreciated.

Adam.