2.0 tsi engine revs while idle and squealing noise

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
iantolerton
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box

2.0 tsi engine revs while idle and squealing noise

Post by iantolerton »

2 possibly related problems. A sensor I think (airflow) has went causing the car to rev while idle, also the one that's stumping me is after about ten minutes or so a squealing noise starts. Gets quite loud and sharp but stops when accelerating. The tensioner has been replaced yesterday and its still happening. Not sure what it is..... any help appreciated. Trying to avoid a trip to the vw garage but its looking like my only option.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: 2.0 tsi engine revs while idle and squealing noise

Post by Cuprabob »

Squealing noise could be the auxiliary belt slipping.

ECU will raise the idle revs if the battery voltage is low to assist the alternator with charging. If the idle revs fluctuate erratically, that's normally a vacuum leak.
iantolerton
In: Shadow Blue

Post by iantolerton »

Yes they do fluctuate. I have just replaced the battery and since that the engine management light has disappeared, but idle revs remain
geubes
In: Deep Black
Options: Nav, Two-tone Vienna Leather

Post by geubes »

I just recently had revving / surging at idle.

did a bit of general research and checked with my local garage. It was the PCV unit. Changed that and the idle is like new, no surging, revving and very stable.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;