Scirocco 2,0 tsi DSG/EPC fault

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.

Scirocco 2,0 tsi DSG/EPC fault

Postby flyveegern » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:55 pm

Hello all.

I have a problem with my car and hope that someone might be able to give me an answer.

When driving slow in 1st and 2nd gear i will get an flashing epc fault and also something that sound a bit mechanic.
All other gears is perfect and the fault will go away shortly after.

what to do?
I read somewhere that it might would help getting a syncronicing

Thanks !
flyveegern

I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: all of it

Re: Scirocco 2,0 tsi DSG/EPC fault

Postby Cuprabob » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:00 pm

First thing to do is to have the car scanned with diagnostic software to see what error codes are stored and which is causing the EPC light to be flagged.

Synchronisation of the DSG will do no harm but I doubt it would resolve your issue, in particular, the EPC to come on.
Cuprabob

I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Postby flyveegern » Sat May 13, 2017 5:49 pm

i have got the car scanned it shows a p0341 fault.

I have had the fault deleted and it was gone for a few days, then came back at the low speeds after a long drive.

I have tested the wires for the Camshaft sensor and they give the correct V (something i saw online), i see the sensor is fairly cheap, should i change it perhaps?
flyveegern

I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
Options: all of it

Postby Gibby » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:57 pm

I’ve had the exact some problem with my car. The EPC flashes on for a second while at low revs in 1st or 2nd gear. Took it to VW and they found the P0341 error.

Did you get to the bottom of this? Any advice would be appreciated.
Gibby

I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Postby Roy_01 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:08 pm

|TPMS reset button|Gen3 climatronic|Polar FIS PF03|Bearlock|Staging color mfd|Rear view cam|Heated seats|Lane/Side/HB-assist|Fatigue detection|Dyn+stat.cornering xenon|Facelift front|Seatdrawers|Door warning/handle/ambient LED|Alarm|BMC CRF797|Wagner IC|
Roy_01

I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
Options: |Keyfob fold mirrors|pano roof|18"detroit|remap 225 hp 450 Nm|DSG remap new shiftpoints|Bonnet mono-strut|Washer fluid level sensor|DSG paddle extensions|Usb dock|Dectane KV41KLRSY|EGR disabled|Kenwood DNX525|Calearo DAB+|CC|Vcds mods|R32 brakes|Eibach B12 Pro Kit|GT1749VC|

Return to Tech Talk