EPC Light, Throttle Position Sensor, Throttle Body

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
rpsmith79
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

EPC Light, Throttle Position Sensor, Throttle Body

Post by rpsmith79 »

Right then, a bit of back story first

Had an issue a few months back where car went into limp mode (EPC light came on), after some back and forth to the garage for fault code clearing (throttle position sensor fault), throttle body cleaning and eventually a new throttle body i thought all was sorted, then got the dreaded EPC light on again this morning

So i cleared the code and it drove faultlessly the 10 miles or so to work, but i'm a bit stuck on what to try next

The fault code this morning (according to the Torque app on android) was:

Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "B" Circuit Range/Performance Problem

So i'm guessing from that code that it is now suggesting i change the Throttle Pedal sensor?

Anyone else had any issues like this or can suggest any other things to try as im starting to lose my rag with this car
Rubz_jnr

Re: EPC Light, Throttle Position Sensor, Throttle Body

Post by Rubz_jnr »

I had the same issue ... just turned out to be a loose throttle pedal connection, if you get more than a 10% error in the readings from the 2 resistor pots in the pedal you'll get the epc light and limp mode
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I would hope he hasn't been waiting a year for a response :)
rpsmith79

Post by rpsmith79 »

Cuprabob wrote:I would hope he hasn't been waiting a year for a response :)
Haha, nope, i just got rid of it, nothing but trouble that car, in 12 months i had 8 trips to the garage, and over £2k spent on it in repairs

Had a Civic Type S (Gen 8 ) now for over a year, and the only thing to go wrong so far is an ABS sensor, at a total repair cost of £75................. many miles of happy motoring

Ohh, and with the money i have saved not fixing the Rocco, i have taken my full bike test and bought a 600 Hornet, so even though the Civic isn't as fun/fast as the old Rocco, my bike is way more fun/fast
Mikey2009rocco
With a: DSG box

Post by Mikey2009rocco »

Hi all new to the site I've got a 2009 2.0tsi gt dsg with fault codes p0121 and p1454 I'm thinking throttle body issues any help would be greatly appreciated prior to having the codes read the epc light was on later joined by the eml light
Tomeyrick
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Post by Tomeyrick »

Did you find a resolution to your problem in the end Mikey2009rocco ?