Wheel Alignment Done...

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Mr OCD
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: All of them ... lol

Wheel Alignment Done...

Post by Mr OCD »

Much better than it was ... still not 100% but should be easy to sort with a new left rear arm bolt. (seized and didn't want to snap it!)

Before:

After:

Any comments from the alignment guru? :D
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
In: Candy White
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Re: Wheel Alignment Done...

Post by uklee »

Seems like it was all over the place in the before measures - why was it so bad ?
In any case , they appear to have corrected most of the errors , I'd concentrate on getting the rear left toe back to nominal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

uklee wrote:Seems like it was all over the place in the before measures - why was it so bad ?
In any case , they appear to have corrected most of the errors , I'd concentrate on getting the rear left toe back to nominal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely no idea. It is a GT170 and I asked them to use the 'R' settings due to a bit of extra camber, but even so I didn't expect it to be out that much.

They have said to cut the bolt out and replace the bush will be over £200 ... I can buy the complete arm (Lemforder) for £80 which makes more sense? I assume the bolts aren't expensive.

Car drives better but pulls slightly to one side now which I assume is due to rear toe? - I can't say I noticed this previously ... :D

Thanks for dropping in ... :) Appreciated!
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

Anyone done this bush before?
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

New rear toe arm fitted and then went back for alignment:

I asked them to equalise the front camber which they say they have done as much as can... apparently to do anymore requires subframe to be moved? As the camber isn't adjustable on the front if I heard him properly?
xjay1337
In: Rising Blue
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

uklee wrote:Seems like it was all over the place in the before measures - why was it so bad ?

It wasn't that bad :shake:

It is true, the front camber is not adjustable naturally.
Usually the front console bushes being worn can accentuate the camber and also the subframe not being quite fully centred can cause it.
Nearly every Mk5, A3, Scirocco, Seat Leon, etc, have the same issue unless it's been fixed. Not really too much of an issue.

To fix it I would fit new Wishbone bushses (whether you choose OEM or upgraded is up to you), Tyrolsport Subframe Deadset kit, and new ball joints (I would suggest upgrading to Superpro ones). Usually this sets it back as close to Zero as it can be but there will usually always be a small offset.

Superpro ball joints are adjustable for camber anyway, I run -2 degrees front camber.
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

Front console bushes and wishbones have been checked last weekend ... all fine I'm told.

Mechanic did recommend uprated console bushes as they do fail on these cars apparently.