P2015 fault code..

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Kamiljano
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box

P2015 fault code..

Post by Kamiljano »

Hello everyone.
Recently been getting the beautiful engine management light on my rocco, checked the code and it was the P2015. I'm just wondering if I can buy the little flap that seems to be getting stuck open? I delete the code and it pops up a few days or a week later? So my guess is it only gets stuck for a little while?
My plan is to take the inlet off and give the valves and seals a good clean aswell and then tackle that problem.
The car has done 54,000 miles so I'm assuming there's getting a bit of a carbon buildup on there.
What have you guys done to get rid of the p2015
Kamiljano
In: Night Blue

Re: P2015 fault code..

Post by Kamiljano »

Is the problem within the throttle body?
mrhirst
In: Indium Grey

Post by mrhirst »

I got a new inlet manifold fitted. Cost around £700 for part and labour at an independent garage. I was putting it off as VW dealer said it needed doing at around 60K miles (and I didn't trust them TBH!), finally got EML at 70K.

I would just get it done, even though it costs quite a bit.

The car hesitated when accelerating hard and the car didn't seem quite right. Now with the new part is as good as new! Very happy.

Sadly it seems common, probably some design flaw, and it will only get worse. I had cold misfires and very poor performance as soon as the EML came on.

http://shopdap.com/intake-manifold-fail ... tsi-p2015/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dimexi
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Glad you sorted it, common problem and sometimes exacerbated by remaps.. I bought my part for £270 and fitted for £100 last year by a very good indie
MBUK1000
In: Candy White
Options: Leather Heated Seats, Hands Free Kits, Dynaudio Speaker Upgrade, Panoramic Sunroof

Post by MBUK1000 »

Think I might have a go at replacing the Intake Manifold myself if that ever happens to my Scirocco. Found this handy video showing the process:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;