LED Side light error code

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
zzainyas
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, Cruise control, Leather, Panoramic sunroof - exclusive edition

LED Side light error code

Post by zzainyas »

Just recently replaced my interior and exterior bulbs to LED ones, all seem to be working fine and drastically change the look of the car :D however I keep getting a 'check right side light' code even though the bulb is working fine , even when the code appears. Any ideas or suggestions on how to remedy this code ? :? :? :?
Paradox1
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: LED Side light error code

Post by Paradox1 »

Did you get canbus LED bulbs?

I have this problem too. thew bulb works fine when I start the car then about 30seconds of driving I get the error on the dash but the bulb still works but sometimes flickers
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Even with Canbus friendly LEDs (resistor in parallel) it can be marginal and not draw enough current so that it flags a bulb error. Sometimes if you swap the LEDs over the difference can be enough for them to work and not give an error.
zzainyas
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, Cruise control, Leather, Panoramic sunroof - exclusive edition

Post by zzainyas »

Yeah they were canbus ones, the error message is always coming on and off its soo annoying but thanks for the advice il try swapping them over and see if that makes a difference.