Swapping out RNS315

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Shakeystevo

Swapping out RNS315

Post by Shakeystevo »

Afternoon all.

Cheeky question here...

I am about to buy a 2014 CC R-Line (Roc up for sale for anyone interested :p) and am looking to swap out the RNS315...

My questions are:

1. Which model RNS510 is best to retain the DAB function (model E?)
2. Is it right the 315 has built in Bluetooth; if so does this mean I need a separate module for 510?
3. If answer to 2 is yes, which original part is best to retain full mobile phone function with MFD/steering wheel etc? The CC has the colour MFD...
4. Are all connections from 315 into 510 the same? i.e microphone, DAB ariel etc...

Appreciate this is a CC question; but hoping people have had some experiences with the 315 head unit.

Many thanks!
Viking
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
Options: None

Re: Swapping out RNS315

Post by Viking »

The RNS315 can have Bluetooth built in, or it might be a separate module. You won't know til you get the car and check. As far as which model RNS510 to get, all the DAB ones are the same except for the versions with 6*** firmware, as they have the SSD solid state hard drive. It's smaller at 30Gb rather than 40Gb on the standard hard drives, but it runs faster so things happen quicker. The Bluetooth module which would be best for all compatibility would be a 9w7 module. Something like a 7P6 035 730 J onwards are the latest models. It should be a straight swap for the RNS510 from the RNS315, buut the Bluetooth will need a bit of wiring routing to get the mike fitted (if it's not already there).
Shakeystevo

Post by Shakeystevo »

That's brilliant! Thanks Viking!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Shakeystevo

Post by Shakeystevo »

Evening all,

I have managed to get hold of a 7P6 035 730 J module but without the harness...

I have been looking online and getting confused as I am see two types of harness..

This one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9w2-9w7-9zz-B ... SwT4lWSun1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-OEM-Bluet ... SwM4xXaOlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am assume both do the same job, but wondered which was best for my setup...

Any help appreciated.