Rear View Camera

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
bianco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Re: Rear View Camera

Post by bianco »

benja wrote:... can You please tell me the pin order in the connector that goes to rns before You install it? Thanks
You can see that in both text and pictures on the previous page, page 12.
Liamb76

Post by Liamb76 »

Hi all, first time post in this forum but hope someone can help me! (sorry to bring up an old thread also)

I have searched many VW forums for info but this thread seems to have the most information on RVC retro fit (even though it mainly covers the RNS510) so hopefully someone knows why I cannot get a picture to work on my car's RCD510.

I have a 2012 GTI MK6, RCD510 but NO park assist fitted, and I have just fitted a genuine pop out badge RVC and loom (bought from car-systems) It Wired in all ok, pops open when reverse selected. I Coded CAN gateway 19 for RVC but I Cannot seem to find coding for reverse camera on the RCD510 using a VCDS, might have missed it maybe, so I went to the VW dealer I know and tried to code with there VAS. Still no luck after coding RCD510 for reverse camera but I am not sure it was coded correctly to be honest, the VAS said it was done but I dont think so. I tried to reset the RCD510 after coding.

Anyway, my RCD510 definitely has RVC capability, has the correct plug and RVC code on the part number, see the pictures below, so not sure whats going on and why it will not display a camera picture (not even a black screen or anything)

The place I bought my RVC kit from suggested un-ticking the CAN 19 reverse camera, just try to select the RCD510 for reverse camera or reverse camera low, I might try that next if I can get to the coding. (I could not see it the first time I tried with a VCDS though!) I think most people who do this conversion have the park assist control unit already factory fitted or have a RNS510.

So, anyone seen a RCD510 work with a RVC retrofit, no park assist and have any ideas if it can be coded?

Thanks!

ImageImageImageImage
GiannisA
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Sport & Style Package , Bi-Xenon , PLB , Car Alarm PLUS , Cruise Control , Park Pilot & Rear View Camera , Bluetooth , Color MFD, RNS-510.

Post by GiannisA »

Hi,
As I can see your RCD510 has the correct plug for rear view camera.
I think that your wiring connections are ok, as camera pops open when reverse is selected.
The only problem is that you still have not code correct your RCD with VCDS. Coding is the same for RCD or RNS.
I agree that you must un-tick RVC from your CAN gateway 19 coding. This must be ticked only in RVC systems which have a separate control module (like Passat’s).
Search your RCD coding in module 56 for “Back-up camera low (without control module) installed” and tick it. Don’t forget to reset it at the end.
This is the only change that you have to make.
Liamb76

Post by Liamb76 »

Ok, thanks for that. I will decode the Gateway CU and see what happens.
I actually coded the rcd510 with a genuine VW VAS tester as the VCDS i had access to could not for some reason.
Will let you know the outcome when I have access to code it soon.
netscape_boy
With a: Manual box
Options: Comfort Pack, Media Pack, Sports Pack and Panaromic Sunroof

Post by netscape_boy »

Hi all,

been following this thread for the past year and finally decided to take the plunge and get a reversing camera installed in the Scirocco, ordered the parts as suggested:
camera 1K8 980 551 A (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Ruckfahrka ... 27c355b702" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
support bracket and end cap
wiring loom from kufatec (http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info ... n-Low.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Delivered the parts the auto electrician yesterday, however he's says that the connector(s) on the wiring loom don't match up the connector(s) on the reversing camera?

So, do I have the wrong camera of the wrong wiring loom? The two outputs on the reversing camera are they supposed to match up with the two connectors on the wiring looms (stupid question I know)?
IMG00345-20120214-1342.jpg
IMG00343-20120214-1341.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GiannisA
Options: Sport & Style Package , Bi-Xenon , PLB , Car Alarm PLUS , Cruise Control , Park Pilot & Rear View Camera , Bluetooth , Color MFD, RNS-510.

Post by GiannisA »

Hi,
your wiring loom is ok, but you have the wrong camera for sure!!

Your camera's part number is "1K8 980 551 A". As you can see in your previous Kufatec link the connector of this camera matches with the connector of Golf's wiring loom.

You need the one with "1K8 980 551". This is the OEM part number for Scirocco's camera that matches with your loom.

Here is the camera that you need and the wiring loom (that you already have).
Check the connectors on the photo..
netscape_boy
Options: Comfort Pack, Media Pack, Sports Pack and Panaromic Sunroof

Post by netscape_boy »

Thanks for the reply. If the camera is that of a golf could I not just get the golf wiring loom instead and fit it to my Scirocco or do have to change the camera (I doubt I'll get a refund from the eBay seller)?
GiannisA

Post by GiannisA »

It is not so easy to tell... :shake:
I cannot tell you for sure that the other loom is ok for you. As i can see in Kufatec pictures the video connector is the one that you need for your camera. But how about the other connector? Golf 6 version seems to have too many connectors on this loom (because of the camera with pop - open mechanism) and in Golf-Touran version the other connector seems to be different from the other one on your camera...

In my opinion change the camera. It is the most safe solution. If you cannot get a refund, buy a new camera and try to sell the old one on Ebay.

EDIT : Maybe you have a chance to change your loom but not from Kufatec... Check this http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =20&t=9418.
You can ask Steve about his loom from his "Option 2 - Scirocco Style Camera Kit".
bennyb
Options: DAB
Dynaudio

Post by bennyb »

Could someone post an idiots guide of what to get and how to install with pictures please :)

12 plate scirocco on order - due April - has parking sensors fitted, but a camera would be pretty nice

Anyone in the Derby or Bristol a dab hand at the old scirocco mods?
GiannisA

Post by GiannisA »

Does your order include RNS or RCD ?? You must have RNS 510/ RNS 315 / RCD 510 (with 26pin connector) installed in order to retrofit a rear view camera.
Then you have to buy a kit that includes all the parts that you need.
A kit with a very good price is this http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-rear-emblem ... id236.html
About the wiring connections take a look here http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... &start=225
Last edited by GiannisA on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Subject: Rear View Camera
bennyb wrote:Could someone post an idiots guide of what to get and how to install with pictures please :) ?
Try using the search please!
Its all in here...
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccop ... ing_Camera" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Plus the OEM install is here http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 010#p61010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
bennyb
Options: DAB
Dynaudio

Post by bennyb »

Thanks
Liamb76

Post by Liamb76 »

GiannisA wrote:Hi,
As I can see your RCD510 has the correct plug for rear view camera.
I think that your wiring connections are ok, as camera pops open when reverse is selected.
The only problem is that you still have not code correct your RCD with VCDS. Coding is the same for RCD or RNS.
I agree that you must un-tick RVC from your CAN gateway 19 coding. This must be ticked only in RVC systems which have a separate control module (like Passat’s).
Search your RCD coding in module 56 for “Back-up camera low (without control module) installed” and tick it. Don’t forget to reset it at the end.
This is the only change that you have to make.

Still having trouble coding my RCD510 for my reverse camera, I have come to the conclusion it is not possible on my unit for some unknown reason as there is no camera tick box option (even though it has a plug on the back and the correct part number as shown in previous post!) I even tried coding park assist just to see what would happen but still no joy.

By liamb at 2012-02-22
GiannisA

Post by GiannisA »

It is possible but you have to code correct your RCD !!!
I think that you are not so familiar with VCDS coding :shake:

In your photo, Byte 0 is shown.
Go to Byte 3 and tick Bit 6 “Back-up camera low (without control module) installed”
As i can see from the photo, now coding of Byte 3 is "00" which means that your Bit 6 is un-ticked for the moment.
When you tick it, the value will change from "00" to "40"

And also don't change the coding of Park Assist.... It has nothing to do with rear view camera...
Liamb76

Post by Liamb76 »

^ yes you are correct, I am not too familiar with VCDS! But getting there and learning fast.

Thanks for the information, I will try again!
Liamb76

Post by Liamb76 »

Success! Coded the radio today and the camera is working perfectly. Realised now the problem was the vcds would not say what byte 3 bit 6 actually was in the screen, so was making things confusing! but once ticked and saved it worked straight away. :nod:
GiannisA

Post by GiannisA »

Excellent :clap: :clap:
pss53
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, Heated Seats, Bluetooth

Post by pss53 »

I'd pay someone to do this to mine if they want to make a few quid ? :-)
Andych
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Window tint, APR tune, Eibach Pro-Kit suspension, Intake, RVC, BBS LM wheels 19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear.

Post by Andych »

Does anyone have an English copy of the Kufatec Installation manual?
I think it used to be the case that you could download it but now you need to advise them of your Order number.
bianco
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

I think it only exists in zhee german.

If it helps: http://www.hafdis.dk/vw/kufcam.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;