Rear View Camera

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
1 6 D
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: RCD510 with 8 speakers
Climatronic
Cruise Control
tinted rear windows
aerial in rear window
MFA Plus
Multi function steering wheel

Self-added:
Cornering fog lights
Coming Home
Leaving Home
4 stop bulbs at rear
Folding mirrors+ambiente lights+memory

Re: Rear View Camera

Post by 1 6 D »

There is no photo in ETKA or in internet, it's only on list in ETKA. I have RCD510 without RVC connection, so I will not have made by myself photo.
pav555
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: -RNS 510
-Leather Seats
-Adaptive chassis control
-Multi-function steering wheel
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-19' lugano

Post by pav555 »

Hi Guys

I was busy this weekend trying to fit the RVC. All installed into the bumper just need to wire it all up.
The only thing i'm hazy about is splicing the reverse signal into the back right tail light. I have the Car Systems kit.
Does anyone know which pin/cable the reverse light is?

Many thanks in advance
LewisSellers
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: 2.0 TSI 210 - Vienna Leather, Winter Pack, Parking Sensors.

Post by LewisSellers »

Hi Everyone,

Really interested in getting a Rear View Camera fitted in my Scirocco GT that I purchased on the 1st of March this year. I've got the RNS 510 in it but wouldn't feel confident in doing this install myself.

Does anyone know anyone on the internet / professional companies that would do this install. Obviously it requires cutting part of the body work away and I'd want to make sure it was done properly so it looked right, worked correctly and didn't damage the paintwork / rust in the future!

If anyone has any suggestions for companies that would help (preferably around the Leeds or North Yorkshire area, that'd be great!!

Many thanks,
Lewis
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

LewisSellers wrote:If anyone has any suggestions for companies that would help (preferably around the Leeds or North Yorkshire area, that'd be great!!
Not you local but will give you an idea of a price....... http://www.vwcruise.com/Vw-Reverse-Camera.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
LewisSellers
Options: 2.0 TSI 210 - Vienna Leather, Winter Pack, Parking Sensors.

Post by LewisSellers »

RW1 wrote:
LewisSellers wrote:If anyone has any suggestions for companies that would help (preferably around the Leeds or North Yorkshire area, that'd be great!!
Not you local but will give you an idea of a price....... http://www.vwcruise.com/Vw-Reverse-Camera.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C.
Holy ****! haha. Wasn't expecting £700 - £800 for the install! I thought it'd be about £300 - £350 ish.

Ok, how hard is the install to do? I'm quite techie, but I've never done anything with Cars before!!! Is this a recipe for disaster?

Alternatively, does anyone who lives nearer want so earn a few squid!! :rolleyes:
MM087
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by MM087 »

Hi Guys,
Im fairly new to the forum. Im interested in having this done and was wondering if anyone is offering a service to install this ? I would be looking to have it done in either West Yorkshire / Hertfordshire

I have a 2010 (60) Scirocco GT with RNS 510 Head Unit.

I could Purchase the parts from either:
RVC (Prague) or
Kufatec

Thanks
andybora

Post by andybora »

Hi, i am from argentina.

I'm from Argentina

is the first time I write, I have the question about the wires as shown in the photo, I do not know which wire corresponds to 12V or reversing
anyone has any idea?

Also I have no idea of where to place fill 5A fuse in the fuse box

thanks a lot!! :)
GiannisA
Options: Sport & Style Package , Bi-Xenon , PLB , Car Alarm PLUS , Cruise Control , Park Pilot & Rear View Camera , Bluetooth , Color MFD, RNS-510.

Post by GiannisA »

It is easy.
Between them, the one with the terminal connector must be connected to a permanent +12V (5A fuse) and the the other one to the reverse signal.

As shown in the fuse box below, row 4 has permanent +12V feeding.
So any free place at row 4 at your fuse box is ok to add your new 5A fuse.
Personally I used number 26.

If you don't know how to add a new fuse in the box, follow this guide http://www.my-gti.com/601/addition-of-e ... t-fuse-box
andybora

Post by andybora »

Thanks a lot Giannisa.

Sorry, i have another question, in the picture i show two connectors, i need to know which wire is 12v permanent?

Thanks again!!!
GiannisA
Options: Sport & Style Package , Bi-Xenon , PLB , Car Alarm PLUS , Cruise Control , Park Pilot & Rear View Camera , Bluetooth , Color MFD, RNS-510.

Post by GiannisA »

I believe that we have the same loom. Is it from Kufatec ?
Check the wires. They are also marked as "ground" - "steady plus" for the permanent +12V - "plus" for the reverse.

Anyway, as i can see in your picture from the left side to the right :
1. The first wire with the red round connector is for the ground connection.
2. The second with the connector is for the permanent +12V, and
3. The last one without connector on its end is for the reverse signal.
andybora

Post by andybora »

GiannisA wrote:I believe that we have the same loom. Is it from Kufatec ?
Check the wires. They are also marked as "ground" - "steady plus" for the permanent +12V - "plus" for the reverse.

Anyway, as i can see in your picture from the left side to the right :
1. The first wire with the red round connector is for the ground connection.
2. The second with the connector is for the permanent +12V, and
3. The last one without connector on its end is for the reverse signal.
Hi Giannisa

Thank you very much.

with this I shall begin to work.
I just have to know some parking sensor connections and will be 100%

thanks again.
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

If you need a new power supply there is an easier way. In most fuse boxes there are at least a couple of spare unused fuse sockets that are already powered up as permanently live and as ignition switched live. If you don't have a circuit tester then make your own with a 12 volt bulb, bulb holder, 2 pieces of wire and a couple of mini crocodile clips.
Use your circuit tester to determine which sockets have a live supply. Clip one end to a suitable earthing point and the other to a small screwdriver and probe the empty sockets (its usually the top half of the socket that will have the powered terminal).
When you've found a powered socket buy a piggy back fuse connector ....
Insert the piggy back connector in to the socket and insert a fuse of the required rating in to the piggy back connector. Crimp on your device to the +ve lead on to the new supply and done. The piggy back connectors are available for full and mini size fuses.
andybora

Post by andybora »

hi, ZephyR

thank you for your help.

:)
Pablosammy
Options: Factory: Pano roof.

Post by Pablosammy »

What are people usually using for the reversing signal? Is it simply a case of splicing onto the reverse bulb cable? If so, is it easy to ID?
michaelke94
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by michaelke94 »

Hey Guys,

Last week I bought a Scirocco R with RNS 510 and parking sensors, but I'm missing the camera that I had on my 1.4 TSI...
Now I found something on Aliexpress that seems pretty nice.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-Orig ... _74_75,0_0
OEM Original VW Scirocco RGB Rear View Reversing Camera RCD510 RNS510 RVC
Part Number: 56D 980 551

What do you guys think? will this work?

Thanks,
~Michael
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

Well it certainly looks like it !

Looks to be the same as the kit i used when i installed the RVC in to my own rocco .

Click here for a full 'How To' guide > http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=14682

Lee
michaelke94
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by michaelke94 »

uklee wrote:Well it certainly looks like it !

Looks to be the same as the kit i used when i installed the RVC in to my own rocco .

Click here for a full 'How To' guide > http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=14682

Lee
I just found your guide like 1 hour ago ;)
You make it seem so easy!
Was it hard to remove the trims in the boot and in the rear?
uklee
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

Not technically difficult - just fiddly first time around .
It'd much easier with a guide to follow :-)

From my phone
panaua

Post by panaua »

GiannisA wrote:
bianco wrote:Please enlighten the rest of us - how-to or pics pretty please!
My friend Bianco, it is easy.
At first you have to connect 3 cables of the Kufatec loom to your car :
1. The cable marked with “steady plus” (or RED colored) must be pulled to the fuse box & connected at a free +12V position with a separate fuse (5A).
2. The cable marked with “ground” (or BLACK colored) must be connected to a suitable ground point.
3. The last cable marked with “pin 28” (or YELLOW colored) must be connected to BCM connector , outlet C (is the brown connector) to pin 28 (Blue/black wiring color). From this one, loom gets the reverse signal. (In order to be sure that you have found the correct point, you can check that in this cable you must have +12V only when you select reverse).
Image Image

About the problem of the wiring .You have to change the order of the 26pin female connector’s wiring, as is in the diagram. Image
Disassemble the connector Image
carefully remove the pins from the positions that are already installed Image
& re-install them to the correct positions :
• Pin 12 --> Blue
• Pin 13 --> Green
• Pin 24 --> Black (Not need to remove this one, as it must be already in the correct position)
• Pin 25 --> Brown
• Pin 26 --> Orange
Numbers are written on the housing ends like : Image (Don't be confused by this image. It's from the male connector on the back of the RNS, just to see how the numbers are written)

About VCDS coding, you must set :
• Address 10 – Coding - Byte 00 – Bit 5 : select “Rear view camera installed”
• Address 56 – Coding - Byte 03 – Bit 6 : select “Back-up camera low (without control module) installed”
& finally don't forget to "reset" your RNS.

That's all. Hope my post help you to fix your camera.
If you have any further question , just ask me ;)
Hello to all. Have anyone kept the pics of this guide? or something else to help me do the retrofit? thnx in advance
uklee

Post by uklee »