Radio 510 am I being stupid?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
D.andrews
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: Manual box

Radio 510 am I being stupid?

Post by D.andrews »

Right so I have the 510 model radio,

And to be honest it's shocking my seat ibiza dab had better features on the radio ! All I have is standard radio no nav no phone blue tooth no dab, so I tried media bluetooth connecting my phone, my phone won't find it, I ordered a media lead with usb, linked my mobile, doesn't recognise it, linked a ipod via usb, doesn't recognise it, linked a hard drive recognised it but said (doesn't support it)

so my last effort before I purchase another one, is there certain hardrive that works, am I being that retarded do all rocco come with media blue tooth or is it all down to op extras, I have the op extra sound system upgrade and I would quite like to use it !

What am I doing wrong ?

Rant over.

Thanks

Daz

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
D.andrews

Re: Radio 510 am I being stupid?

Post by D.andrews »

Anyone ?

Bump :)

bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Is it the original unit that came with the car do you know? Is it the RNS510 (4 buttons either side of screen) or RCD510 (3 buttons either side of screen)
Do you have a multi-function steering wheel with a telephone icon on one of the buttons?

As for the hard disk, how big it is? could be wrong but you may have to format it as FAT/FAT32 or it could be too big
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
D.andrews

Post by D.andrews »

bitmadmax wrote:Is it the original unit that came with the car do you know? Is it the RNS510 (4 buttons either side of screen) or RCD510 (3 buttons either side of screen)
Do you have a multi-function steering wheel with a telephone icon on one of the buttons?

As for the hard disk, how big it is? could be wrong but you may have to format it as FAT/FAT32 or it could be too big
Hi !

Thanks for getting back to me, yes steering wheel has full features and it's the rcd 510, 3 buttons either side

Unsure of hard drive format ! I just know it's a storage device 500gd one, I'm guessing this is incorrect ?

thanks again

Daz

D.andrews

Post by D.andrews »

Bump

bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

I'm not sure why the bluetooth wouldn't be working in that case, are you following the correct procedure to make the car bluetooth discoverable whilst trying to pair your phone?

I have had limited use of hard disks and phones that work with the RCD510, I'm a bit of a puritan so just use a 32GB SD card formatted as FAT32 plugged into the SD card slot which works quite well :)
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Do you have the Bluetooth module below the driver's seat? Bluetooth was a cost option up until the last quarter of 2011 when it became standard.

If it's an IPhone your trying to connect you need to use the MDI to 20 pin cable or a MDI to lighting connector, depending which model you have.

As for Hard Drives / Memory Sticks as long as can be formatted FAT32, I'm pretty sure it will work.

SD card also has to be formatted FAT32
D.andrews

Post by D.andrews »

Cuprabob wrote:Do you have the Bluetooth module below the driver's seat? Bluetooth was a cost option up until the last quarter of 2011 when it became standard.

If it's an IPhone your trying to connect you need to use the MDI to 20 pin cable or a MDI to lighting connector, depending which model you have.

As for Hard Drives / Memory Sticks as long as can be formatted FAT32, I'm pretty sure it will work.

SD card also has to be formatted FAT32
I don't think I have the module to be honest I have a 10 plate, I have the mdi to usb lead so I'm guessing ill need the ipod one like you have stated, my mobile is a Samsung? Ultimately I'd like to go for a hard drive so how do I format it to this fat32, or can you purchase them in correct format :)

Thank you

Daz

Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/compute ... to-fat-32/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;