scirocco 2.0 TDI 140 r line: ecu remap/Adaptive Chassis Ctrl

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
ParmaHam
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box

scirocco 2.0 TDI 140 r line: ecu remap/Adaptive Chassis Ctrl

Post by ParmaHam »

hey guys - hope you are all well! I have a few completely dumb questions and was hoping if anyone could enlighten me :

I have been looking for a ECU remap and wanted to know which make have any of you guys gone for? what was your experience like? Were there any troubles? I heard of Revo and APR, but not sure what is better for performance.

Lastly, has anyone felt a smoother ride when changing the "Adaptive Chassis Control" setting from Sport to Comfort? I have this in place but seems like the suspension is constantly hard and can't feel the difference when driving.
Hollygttdi170dsg
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" Lugano wheels. Climatronic dual zone. Full leather. Winter pack.

Re: scirocco 2.0 TDI 140 r line: ecu remap/Adaptive Chassis

Post by Hollygttdi170dsg »

I can feel a definite difference with my adaptive chassis control. It feels like the back end has more bounce when going over smooth bumps in the road. Doesn't change the jarring feeling from going over small potholes/rough roads though. It's almost as if it lets the weight of the car rise and fall easier when the weight is thrown up and down.
Stu13R
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Fully loaded including Recaro seats
20" Cades Shift alloys with 245/30/20 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tyres
VWR Tracksport Coilovers, anti lift, wishbones and engine/gearbox mounts
Turbo back BCS Sports Powervalve exhaust with race cat & wrapped downpipe
VWR air intake and Stage 2 APR map

Post by Stu13R »

I had a tdi with a Revo map before and was very happy with it for performance and mpg.
ParmaHam

Post by ParmaHam »

Cheers guys for the heads up, I think i am gonna search a few garages and see if i can find a revo authorised dealer. Hopefully get some more insight on it and if im lucky get to see what it feels like to be in a car that has the chip already or a test drive.
connorbaxter
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Alloys, Sat-Nav, 6 CD Changer, DAB, After market styling parts

Post by connorbaxter »

Slightly off-topic, but can anyone recommend a remap for a 1.4 122 Rocco (2012) ? I believe I'm correct in saying that there is currently only a stage 1 on the market, according to Revo and other sites should upgrade from 122 up to 155 bhp? Wonder if anyone has done this remap and what results they actually achieved, also anywhere cheaper than the £419 + Vat I have been quoted. Please no-body telling me to sell my 122 and by a 2.0, if I could afford the insurance I already would have, haha!
ParmaHam

Post by ParmaHam »

Hey guys

Completely forgot about this topic but bringing it to life again. After ages and some tricky times, I have finally done the remap on my roc and it's brilliant! I am really happy with the performance! I went with DMS Automotive who were friendly and really helpful with the questions I had. They came over and did the remap, now I just need to have a free day to go over to their garage and place it on the rolling road to check the results and make any further changes if required.

If you can afford the insurance bump (mine was 60 quid extra luckily cos I am an old bugger and only have 2 years no claims) and the actual cost of the remap (approx 650 inc VAT) then do it. I knew there are other places that do it cheaper but I went with a place that was recommended.

Conor - i hear you mate. hope you managed to get the remap done!