Scirocco r drl stopped working

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Weeman
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Scirocco r drl stopped working

Post by Weeman »

Hi I'm new tithe page so hello everyone.

I have a 2011 scirocco r dsg model andtodaywhen I jumped in it I got a warming light to say my passenger side drl wasn't working so I had closer look and all seems fine and no loose connections. It will not one on no matter what I try Burundi put my headlights on aswell the warning light goes out and the drl comes back on so I know it works. However as soon as I turn my headlights off the passenger side drl goes out and the warning light comes back on. Has anyone on here had a similar problem and how did they fix it.
Thanks in advance
norco
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather

Re: Scirocco r drl stopped working

Post by norco »

Hi Weeman

Recently one of my DRL leds was in the process of failing. It would go off but restarting the engine would bring it back on for a while then it would fail again. Probably a similar issue.... New led needed.
Weeman
In: Candy White

Post by Weeman »

Oh right thanks for your reply I don't mind replacing the unit it just seems very strange that it doesn't work all the time when it's set to auto headlights but it always works if it's set to side lights or full headlights
g60greeny
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by g60greeny »

Old post revival, my passenger side drl isnt working, i have tried the actual unit and it works fine.
Any ideas what the issue could be?