Footwell lighting not working

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Topcat1910
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Footwell lighting not working

Post by Topcat1910 »

I bought 5w5 501 canbus blue LEDs, swapped the drivers side worked fine, changed the passenger side and all the footwell lights stopped working, tried changing the passengers side bulb back to the original to see if it was the led that was faulty but still not working. Any ideas what's up? Would I of blown a fuse?
Topcat1910
In: Rising Blue

Re: Footwell lighting not working

Post by Topcat1910 »

Okay so now I've bought new leds, this time they flash when I turn the ignition on then all go off. I tried replacing the original leds that came with the car that worked perfect but where white, these now also flash and go off turning the ignition on
Dunk04
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek Cat-Back (Non-Res) , VWRacing Cold Air Intake, H&R Springs.

Post by Dunk04 »

i had leds fitted aswell. what i discovered is that because leds only require a little voltage to illuminate, when the ignition is turned on the car does a bulb test which puts a tiny voltage through the lights thus flickering the leds. and the footwells are only illuminted when the doors are opened ?

hope this helps.
Progress Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17459" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phil
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Daft question i'm sure but have you made sure you bought the error free bulbs? I bought a cheap set once for my old astra (no laughing please) and they flashed once then turned off? Tried putting your originals back in? And have you tried the bulbs in another area of the car to make sure they work there (rear plate, front sides)?
Phil