Any help about 1.4 tsi 160

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Dunk04
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek Cat-Back (Non-Res) , VWRacing Cold Air Intake, H&R Springs.

Any help about 1.4 tsi 160

Post by Dunk04 »

Anybody know what the purpose of this pipe is ?

Reason being I have mistakenly bought a 2.0l tsi vwracing air intake off somebody and it doesn't have the stub for connecting this pipe ! I am thinking about modifying the intake but just curious as to what the pipe is for !

I'm taking a guess here and thinking it's something to do with the re circulation from the turbo ! If this is the case could I fit a forge BOV and just remove the pipe ? :shrug:

If not anybody want a vwracing intake for a 2.0 tsi ?

Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks
Progress Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17459" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
danfalcon
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: REVO stage 2 intake pipe
VWR intake
Miltek Cat-back non res exhaust
Airtec stage 1 intercooler
Green Silicone hoses
GFB DV+
R8 Coilpacks

Re: Any help about 1.4 tsi 160

Post by danfalcon »

i know thats not it, but i have the VWR intake on my 2.0 tsi and my MAF housing sits around there
nevan94
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Pewter Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Straight pipe with stock catalyst and electronic valves

Re: Any help about 1.4 tsi 160

Post by nevan94 »

That is PSV hose where there is an excess oil inside the cylinders. it will pass through to the intake and goes back to the intake valves.

Try looking for an aftermarket oil catch can it will resolve the problem but to minimum, if you ever found an oil catch can please let me know other than forged brand because they
are so expensive to where I live :nod: