RNS 510 Huge Problem!

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
pav555
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: -RNS 510
-Leather Seats
-Adaptive chassis control
-Multi-function steering wheel
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-19' lugano

RNS 510 Huge Problem!

Post by pav555 »

Hey guys, unfortunately this is a bit of a long one. My RNS 510 C manufactured in 2010 and is the original unit in the car has decided it doesn't want to play ball any more. Started the car one day was working fine. I then decided to change the radio station and the unit seemed to lock up none of the buttons or touch screen worked apart from the power button. So I did a soft reset with < + > + *(star), the unit booted back up to exactly the same state. At this point I was a bit concerned. When I got back home I decided to disconnect the battery for 10-15mins and then reconnected everything up again. Radio booted up and asked for the radio code, at first I thought it cured the problem but when I went to type the code in the touch screen was unresponsive again!!!!! It now became a huge problem!!

So my attention now turned over to reinstalling or upgrading the firmware. I spent may hours looking through mygti website.
Setup + Eject + * engaged firmware install mode, It came up with can't boot up system please insert SWL disc.

So I tried to find 1100 and 2680 but so far nothing, instead I began with:
Unofficial SWL recovery CD = NO CHANGE,
Next 2760 > Downgrade error message = NO CHANGE,
Next 3810 > loaded 3% and then jumped to 100% >Error message - EcuOrder.txt....> NO CHANGE,

I now don't know how to proceed with trying to make it operational

I ran my VCDS before I disconnected the battery and picked up a fault in coolant pump 2/ auxiliary water pump,

Does anybody have any advice?

Thank you for taking the time to read through my post.