Oil temperature

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Sebbristol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Panoramic Roof

Oil temperature

Post by Sebbristol »

I was wondering if anyone can advise, I have realized that my Rocco's oil temperature shows 2 different readings.

What I mean by this is that the oil temperature next to the rev counter is showing 90 degrees but the temperature on the computer is showing 54 degrees.

Any idea what could this be ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Oil temperature

Post by Cuprabob »

The one next to the rev counter.is the coolant temperature and the one in the MFD is the oil temperature.

Oil takes longer to get up to operating temp than the coolant that's why it's lower than the coolant temp when the car is heating up.

Coolant gauge is also "corrected" to display 90 when actual temp is between around 80 and 100 degrees. Oil temp is real time. This stops the gauge going up and down when stuck in traffic and fans go on, like they used to in older cars when the coolant temp reading was real time.
Sebbristol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Panoramic Roof

Re: Oil temperature

Post by Sebbristol »

Thanks for that mate! I was getting worry looking at both readings and seeing something totally different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk