Shock Absorber Replacement

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Matt_B
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Shock Absorber Replacement

Post by Matt_B »

Hey Everyone,

I had a quick google search and couldn't find any answers to my problem so I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Had my car in for a major service and I was told I had a leaking shock absorber. However, when the car was in the garage also damaged the paintwork on the bonnet and didn't tell me about it so after convincing them to fix that I really don't want anything to do with them.

Problem is apparently shocks for the Roc (I have a 170 GT TDI) are a dealer only part?

Any ideas if I can source them elsewhere?

Many thanks in advance

Matt
Cuprabob
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Shock Absorber Replacement

Post by Cuprabob »

Although still part of the VAG network but you can buy OEM shocks at TPS and they should be slightly cheaper than the dealer.
Matt_B

Post by Matt_B »

Thanks for the reply, I have sent them an email. Is it right that these are around 300 each?
Cuprabob
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Matt_B wrote:Thanks for the reply, I have sent them an email. Is it right that these are around 300 each?
Sorry, I don't know the price but I would just hive your local TPS branch a call to confirm price and availabilty. Although TPS say they are trade only, many branches do sell to the general public.
matt_j_smith
In: Night Blue
Options: Heated Seats, Parking Sensors, Exclusive 2 tone leather, Sat Nav, Red outline front.

Post by matt_j_smith »

you can get them off ebay for cheap if you are on a budget.. one of mine was leaking and vw did it under warrenty, no questions