Is this normal?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Neco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: Manual box

Is this normal?

Post by Neco »

Well hey everyone , I know its not the place to say hi but I'm not good at this stuff ^^
Anyway i have a small technical problem . I can't turn of my headlights!! Yes thats right they are always on , I tried eveything but they are both on the day and at night! Even when i turn the switch or whatever that turning thing is called to 0 the lights still remain on. I was wondering if this is normal ?
BlackRoc
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather
Sat Nav
Winter Pack
Parking Sensors
Premium Mats (got them free..)
GT Steering wheel badge

Re: Is this normal?

Post by BlackRoc »

Yes mate thats normal! Get used to them because you cant turn them off completely - they are called Daytime Running lights (DRL's) and part of some European Legislation coming out in the future. Most of us put the lights onto the 'side light' function so as only the side ones are on. If you turn the switch to 'off' you still get the smaller ones on by the indicators.
No Scirocco now - Just a black '57 Plate Black Jetta!
Neco

Post by Neco »

BlackRoc wrote:Yes mate thats normal! Get used to them because you cant turn them off completely - they are called Daytime Running lights (DRL's) and part of some European Legislation coming out in the future. Most of us put the lights onto the 'side light' function so as only the side ones are on. If you turn the switch to 'off' you still get the smaller ones on by the indicators.
Ohh i see, well got some stupid comments about them so just wanted to ask ^^ Thanks a lot for the info :p
Geoff Hibbert
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, 18" Charleston Wheels, 15mm Eibach Spacers, Cruise, couple of doors, a few tyres, hammerite calipers (chavtatsic) exhaust pipe things too and a silvery GT badge.

Post by Geoff Hibbert »

You can get them turned off by a VW dealer, I have! :)
Neco

Post by Neco »

Geoff Hibbert wrote:You can get them turned off by a VW dealer, I have! :)
Well I do like them on, just dont like the comments but i dont really mind ^^
martin
In: Viper Green
Options: just folding mirrors

Re: DRL who can turn them off

Post by martin »

I have asked at a couple of dealers about turning off the DRL ( getting fed up of being flashed) .
Both said they have tried put cannot find or get the codes, any one know a dealer in South London who can.
Or any dealers out there what is the code , then can ask my local one to have a go.

By the way Viper Green is the only colour.