Power Hesitation

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
selleym
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Mirror Pack

Mods:
Bonnet Struts
Metal Pedals

Power Hesitation

Post by selleym »

Hi,

I have a small annoyance with the rocco.

I notice it if i am in very slow traffic and idling along in 1st or 2nd with no throttle.
At a few mph then if i accelerate slowly i get nothing for a fair bit of throttle pedal travel then all of a sudden the power comes in a big lump.
This can all be solved by just flooring it away from a junction :D but can be annoying sometimes.

Just wondering if its just mine or how they all are. :shrug:

Thanks
RichardB
In: Shadow Blue

Re: Power Hesitation

Post by RichardB »

Hi Selleym

I had the same issue - mine would judder under light acceleration for a bit then would be fine at a high speed - any my post is below to read.
(Scirocco 2.0 TSI GT - 2009 - 67k)

ISSUE
I was experiencing hesitation/juddering with light acceleration in gears 2 & 3 - it was relatively minor but became irritating and would only get worse. There was no issue under heavy acceleration or driving on the motorway, just around town in stop/start traffic.

My initial diagnosis was ignition problems (misfiring) so I decided to change all coils and spark plugs (4 coil packs - £82) (4 NGK sparks - £10) but unfortunately this did not solve anything.

SOLUTION
Mobile mechanic came to visit and nothing flagged up on the diagnostic computer relating to the hesitation - ( a coolant temp sensor code was alerted, so that was replaced - £80)
He took the car away and discovered the air intake manifold was dirty - further investigation discovered one of the seals on the injectors was damaged.
Mechanic replaced all seals, cleaned the injectors and manifold and replaced the fuel filter = £140

The car runs perfectly now
norco
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather

Post by norco »

That sounds somewhat similar to my experience. I've had an injector replaced and all the sparks but still the car is occasionally a bit sluggish. Seems worse in sport mode. Almost like a champagne cork trying to get out of the bottle. Just been serviced so hoped it might have improved.
Baggers200
In: Indium Grey
Options: Cruise Control and Dynaudio System

Post by Baggers200 »

So glad its not just me that has this problem.
I do a lot of round town driving and I have the same problem it seems in all gears. As you say if you put your foot down hard from standstill and go through the gears its fine, but if I want to just accelerate in normal driving it holds back and then accelerates and if you have aircon on its even worse!!
I recently had multiple misfires on all cylinders and had all injectors replaced under warranty and then had a major service, but it now seems worse than it was before. It depresses that much because I absolutely adore the looks and the relative practicality of the car but I am now considering selling it!! :(
I might give VW one more chance, but last time they said no faults were showing and everything seemed fine!!
norco
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather

Post by norco »

I've had mine looked at and although a fault is registered via the ECU, the techs were unable to actually fix anything. They say its a non specific error on cylinder2. They swapped around all the sparks and injectors. To be fair, its not as bad. Still inconsistant though. One day its a rocket next day it feels a tired. It I agree, frustrating.