Error in Locking Module for Central Locking

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
TranceTrouble
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Driving a 2.0 TSI 200PK HighLine Scirocco from 2009, Full Leather, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, Climate Control, RNS510, Bluetooth, Cruise Control,

Error in Locking Module for Central Locking

Post by TranceTrouble »

Hey guys got a question, few weeks back my battery dropped dead while washing my car and listening to music through the soundsystem, managed to jumpstart it. Drove back to the dealer two weeks later after having no problems to let them check the battery. Diagnose turned out the battery only had 157 from the original 380A left which resulted in them fitting a new battery in yesterday, gladly under warranty.

When clearing the battery errors in VCDS they noticed i had a error with my passenger side doorlock. I ran a diagnostic myself when the battery dropped, and must have missed it between the low battery messages. Now i asked them what it actually meant but the only thing he could tell me was it is some feedback to the computer to make sure the door is actually locked. They suggested replacing the lock inside the door, but i like to know what could have caused it or it might be a simple wire problem.

While driving home it got me thinking why the computer needs the feedback for, if it is not getting Feedback why is it not showing it to me or letting me know?!? :? . Since yesterday i started checking out the passengerdoor after locking just to make sure it was locked. Just makes me look over protective.

I also noticed when i open the drivers door and press the lock button nothing happens on either sides, but when i open the passengers door i hear clicking and locking sounds on both sides, is this normal?
Does anyone have a clue what kind of problem this could be or did anyone experience this themselves? i think the 00097 error is also weird because i never noticed the door not locking so far.

Thanks in advance

below is the error code i pulled from the unit when the battery dropped dead
Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. Labels: 1K0-959-702-MAX3.lbl
Part No SW: 1Q0 959 702 F HW: 1Q0 959 702 F
Component: Tuer-SG 008 2021
Coding: 0020790
Shop #: WSC 00020 790 00000
VCID: 387536394B48AA9

3 Faults Found:
01812 - Supply Voltage for Door Controller; Pass. Side (J387)
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
00097 - Front Passengers Central Locking (Safe) Motor (V162)
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit - Intermittent

00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221)
008 - Implausible Signal
dimexi
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Re: Error in Locking Module for Central Locking

Post by dimexi »

The front passenger one seems to be at fault "RE: Fault in circuit".. I am not sure that would be caused by the dead battery. If they offer to replace it under warranty, let them do it.

Implausible signal might be a result of you trying to lock the door, the car being aware, but not being able to carry out this command. I cant really explain it properly, but it usually happens when the CANBUS is live, but you try to carry out an action/send a signal that the car cant respond to.
I guess this could happen if your battery is flat and you tried to lock the doors?!?! I dunno.

Anyone else shed some light?
TranceTrouble
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Driving a 2.0 TSI 200PK HighLine Scirocco from 2009, Full Leather, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, Climate Control, RNS510, Bluetooth, Cruise Control,

Re: Error in Locking Module for Central Locking

Post by TranceTrouble »

thx for the reply Dimexi, guess i will have to revisit the dealer again when i get back from vacation :)