Help- wiper issues

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Eberkos
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Black leather interior, heated seats, navigation system, cruise control, Mdi

Help- wiper issues

Post by Eberkos »

When turning on wipers, they make one pass on slowest setting and don't repeat but work fully on top two speeds
What could the problem be, is it a fuse or relay
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Help- wiper issues

Post by Cuprabob »

Are you moving, when you are checking the operation.

Even with the wipers on one of the "on" positions and not on "rain sense" the wipers stop when the car is stationary and start up again when the car starts moving.
Eberkos
Options: Black leather interior, heated seats, navigation system, cruise control, Mdi

Post by Eberkos »

Yeah I'm moving,
dimexi
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Might be a stupid question, but there is a "sensitivity" dial on the stalk, have you made sure this isnt on the lowest (least sensitive) setting?
Mwh673
Options: Leather seats
Cruise control
Parking sensors
Electric folding mirrors

Post by Mwh673 »

Hi guys,

I've got a strange problem with the driver side wiper on my roc... The tip of the wiper blade appears to hit the driver side pillar roughly every 1 in 2 swipes. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on how I can adjust the stroke or and other ideas for stopping it? It's seriosuly irritating!
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

Mwh673 wrote:Hi guys,

I've got a strange problem with the driver side wiper on my roc... The tip of the wiper blade appears to hit the driver side pillar roughly every 1 in 2 swipes. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on how I can adjust the stroke or and other ideas for stopping it? It's seriosuly irritating!
I had this problem while under warranty. First time I reported it the feedback from the mechanic was there is no problem. Second time they made a small 'adjustment' as the paintwork was marked. Still did it occasionally with heavy rain so adjusted it myself - removed the wiper arm and moved it a couple of splines clockwise taking care that the rest position was still on the screen!! and that seems to have cured it. Fortunately had a wiper arm puller as the arm was a tight fit to the spindle.
Mwh673
Cruise control
Parking sensors
Electric folding mirrors

Post by Mwh673 »

Ah okay thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I'm pretty new to all this, got any instructions on how to remove the arm and adjust?
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

Leave the wipers in the parked position. The top of the spindle has a plastic cap with a small notch in it. Use a suitable screwdriver to lift the plastic cap and expose the holding nut. Remove the nut and pull the wiper arm off the spindle. The wiper arm is often tight on the spindle. A wiper arm puller allows you to do it without damaging yourself or the bodywork! Put back together and check.

A quick check is to park them. The outer arc point of the driver's wiper blade assembly bottom edge should be 45mm from the windscreen bottom edge/plastic plenum chamber edge (after it has kicked up slightly). The passenger wiper blade assembly is about 50mm. The clearance at the top of the sweep driver's side is then 30mm on the fast setting and the "stop line" runs parallel with the "A" windscreen pillar edge all the way down the right side of the windscreen.

Nut torque is 12Nm.

Wiper arm puller looks like this: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mwh673
Cruise control
Parking sensors
Electric folding mirrors

Post by Mwh673 »

Thanks Salsajoe. I had a go at doing this last night but could not get the wiper arm off for love nor money, so I may have to invest in a puller. Thanks for the link
shearermax

Post by shearermax »

for the first post are they automatic whipers so when you put it on the first setting it will swip once then top ( now in automatic mode)

when it rains they will start swiping ?